Question

cell tower dead zone

• 6 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I live off of 75 (path valley road) and there is one tower on that road for tmobile but the trees and mountains block the coverage completely so i cant get it. i live closer to fannetsburg and theres a tmobile tower but i believe its 10 + miles away. my phone gets 2-1 bars but very unstable. I also have tmobile home internet lite and somehow when i put it in the highest part of my house i get 2-3 bars and it is somewhat consistent, but i feel like it  could be better. yes i do live in the mountain but i believe there is potential for possibly another tower or a solution to my problem.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You might want to consider a device with a better radio.  Personally, OnePlus devices have provided me with 2 usable bars of services where Samsung, Apple, and LG devices had nothing!  

Badge

yes im definitely seen that because i have apple tmobile and att and my tmobile doesnt have service  but my att does. samsung definitely has better radios. honestly more concerned about the home internet

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looking a the Path Valley (Franklin Co, PA) on CellMapper, I don’t think I’d want T-Mobile service there. But if you must, more height is your friend.