Question

Cellular data not working in Chicago area.

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

My cellular data (iPhone14 pro) has been going in and out and if it's even working it's extremely slow. A speed test hit a high of 20mps. My phone will show full 5Guc but not load and and disconnect from the internet. It will switch between 5Guc, 5G, LTE, E, and SOS mode. Using WiFi there are zero issues. I also was on a Sprint plan and upgraded to a tmobile plan for “premium data”. It’s been this way over a month now in the Chicago area. Anyone else having these issues? 

2 replies

Yes. I have Pixel 6 Pro and for at least the last week if I am not on wifi I keep getting the exclamation point up where signal strength should be, when I try to use Internet on my phone. It will tell me no connection. I try putting in airplane mode for a minute and taking it off airplane mode. It will show 5G sometimes after that but as soon as I try to search something in chrome it goes back to showing no connection with the exclamation point at top of phone. If I restart the phone it sometimes helps it reconnect and let me use Internet after a few minutes. Last night I was trying to call a landline phone while I was off of wifi and it wouldn't call out. Showed I suddenly had no signal. 

Each time this happens I am in a location where I normally have no issues getting 5G. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

My cellular data (iPhone14 pro) has been going in and out and if it's even working it's extremely slow. A speed test hit a high of 20mps. My phone will show full 5Guc but not load and and disconnect from the internet. It will switch between 5Guc, 5G, LTE, E, and SOS mode. Using WiFi there are zero issues. I also was on a Sprint plan and upgraded to a tmobile plan for “premium data”. It’s been this way over a month now in the Chicago area. Anyone else having these issues? 

It's the amount of AT&T customers hammering the network through domeatic roaming since their network has been experiencing a major issue that started around 4AM Eastern Time.