Concerning Xiaomi Poco 5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo phone

• 13 August 2023
  • 15 replies

Badge

Does anyone know whether T-Mobile supports the Xiaomi Poco 5/Redmi Note 12 Turbo phone in the U.S.?

The phone I’m considering is a global, unlocked version.

Of course, I don’t want to purchase this phone of T-Mobile does not support it.

Thank you very much in advance.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

More than likely, they will not work on T-Mobile USA.  Although labeled as global, they lack the mandatory compatible VoLTE implementation to make calls using the T-Mobile network.  

Badge

Thank you very much!

And P.S. …

Does anyone know of any other Qualcomm-based Xiaomi phone which would work with T-Mobile in the U.S., or am I totally out of luck?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you are looking for a reasonably priced and very capable device.  The Nothing Phone 2 is worth checking out.

Badge

If you are looking for a reasonably priced and very capable device.  The Nothing Phone 2 is worth checking out.

I would only want that phone if it’s easily rootable via Magisk. Price isn’t the issue for me. I’d be willing to pay a lot more for a suitable phone.

I vaguely remember seeing that the “Nothing Phone” is not moddable in that manner … but perhaps I have it confused with a different phone.

I’ll check it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Not too sure if the Nothing Phone's are root able.  I haven't felt the need to root a device since the days of the Nexus 6P outside of my Xiaomi MI Mix 3.  The S23 Ultra's from certain parts of the EU are rootable.  

how about realme gt neo5 se and realme gt neo5 

it work with T-Mobile ??? . and with the Chinese rom or the global rom .  

and I see they have new one realme gt5.  is it work with T-Mobile ??? . 

please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Chinese market devices usually don't support US implementations of VoLTE.  VoLTE is required to be able to make and receive calls on any US carriers network.  Even the Global ROM's for these devices don't take US carriers into the equation.  Global only applies to bands supported and what comes pre-installed.  Just supporting the right bands is not enough for a device to work on US networks.  VoLTE, (stock Android version/Google's version) is required for the device to make and receive calls on T-Mobile!

how about if we root and install the global rom for realme device. is it ok for volte

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

how about if we root and install the global rom for realme device. is it ok for volte

You can try it but good luck.  All Chinese devices have the same issue.  They are not designed to work in the US regardless of how misleading global ROM sounds. 

VoLTE is controlled at a completely different level than Root.  You could try with QPST but more than likely, the changes won't stick, even if the right carrier profile is available.  If the carrier profile sticks, it will no longer be compatible with Chinese carriers.  

what mean QPST please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

what mean QPST please 

It's the Qualcomm tools for any device with a Snapdragon processor.  Messing with it when you don't know what you are doing will render your device useless.

can you send me the link of thì app please 

Redmi note12 turbo not works on T-Mobile. I just got my redmi note12 turbo 16gb/1TB version bought from AliExpress. Cost $330, now I'm use it as game machine 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Redmi note12 turbo not works on T-Mobile. I just got my redmi note12 turbo 16gb/1TB version bought from AliExpress. Cost $330, now I'm use it as game machine 😅

Thanks for letting us know.

I am currently using the Xiaomi 13T not one problem check this website kimovil.com and you'll see a lot of the phones were just perfect