Question

Coverage Regressing

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

We got TMO because they had the best coverage at our home and were told the local Sprint tower which is less than a 1/8 mile away would be converted to 5G so we got the home internet as well. Recently our normal 5 bar coverage has dropped to 1 or 2 bars. The internet has been 2 bars but were expecting awesome when they converted the tower, but now I’m wondering IF they will or just decommission it. I contacted Customer Care and while they were nice folks the answer I got is coverage is what to be expected. How can this be? It’s like that site has been turned off! The site is 38.921956517815566, -91.06778833655758 https://www.google.com/maps/@38.922017,-91.0686466,417m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en. TMO you could sell a lot wireless and your internet if you converted this site, our only option is 1.5 MB DSL or satellite and all our neighbors are sick of it. We have Boeing, Federal, and investment employees that would sign up in a heartbeat.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It appears that the site in question has transitioned from Sprint (301-120) to “Sprint Keep” (312-250) to T-Mobile (310-260). All of these changes can be done without anyone visiting the tower. I would imagine that, sooner or later, someone will visit that site and upgrade the equipment to 5G and probably add band 71. When? I don’t have a clue. T-Mobile has a lot on their plate right now but it looks like they plan to keep that site.

BTW, thanks for providing the exact location. A lot of folks want to complain about coverage but are reticent to provide information about where the problem is located. 

Badge

Thanks for your reply!