Question

disapointed veteran

Badge

i am a veteran of 8 years 7 months and 4 days! The v.a. gave me a free phone through tmobile over a year ago. now they are ripping veterans off! they canceled our plans and now make it impossible for us to keep the 60 dollar magenta military plan because their online way doesnt work! bay pines v.a. attorneys uses the word “fishy”! supposed to have 45 days! sent me a text told me my plan would be changed to non military plan for 20 dollars more! way under 45 days! all documented! ive had a record request in with the national archives for over a year now!  the request number is 2-25770567755! still have received no documents! they know im a veteran, because they sent me a text saying our funding had stopped. went down to tmobile store they denied my proof on my drivers license, my proof of request!, and any other way i had of proving i was a veteran

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter and see they have to offer instead now. could have been a program originally you were put on that no longer exists or is about to end. should be able to verify that way as well.

Badge

i have and so have the attorneys and also about 50 other veterans that was on the program! nothing works! tmobile will not even respond

Badge

it was a program! that funding stopped for under the biden administration! another group that doesnt help veterans! what im saying is i dont mind paying 60 a month. with federal help i can afford that! to keep the phone number all my doctors know. but they are purposefully trying to stop us from even getting the 60 dollar plan is what it looks like to the attorneys and all of the other veterans are thinking. these are people who almost died in the military! these are not run of the mill veterans! i spent over 3months in a coma, then got extended another 7 months and 4 days past my second enlistment because i almost died in portsmouth naval hospital. 8 years 7 months 4 days active duty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If T-Mobile isn’t responding to your calls, place a complaint through BBB - T-Mobile will call you.

Sadly, T-Mobile the ‘uncarrier’ has become more ‘baby Bell carrier like’.

Badge

already have !! me and several other vets from our program, have also decided to hire a attorney. well a free attorney from our local v.a. also they said we had paramount and other things under the magenta military plan for free foar a year. 1ST bill they added the price of the free paramount! now they blocking me from the chat sites? i havent said anything but the truth! i had to use a different computer to get back on here. phone is blocked from here also now . this one will be blocked next! 

Badge

we are creating fb page to inform everyone of this

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

willing to bet the fact that you now included lawyers its now on the TMO legal teams plate..

and stop posting your personal account and phone number in here..fully public site so everyone and their mom now have it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sadly, once lawyers get involved, you’ll probably not get anything out of T-Mobile - unless its through legal channels.

Can’t say that I’ve been blocked by T-Mobile, but they don’t respond to T-Mobile social media after enough complaints - especially over the ‘same’ issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sadly, once lawyers get involved, you’ll probably not get anything out of T-Mobile - unless its through legal channels.

Can’t say that I’ve been blocked by T-Mobile, but they don’t respond to T-Mobile social media after enough complaints - especially over the ‘same’ issue.

same with Sprint. if someone brought in a lawyer that automatically takes it out of ALL agents hands and now its to their lawyers..which will wait for their lawyer to contact them directly.. most think pulling in a lawyer to try and help will make things better but more often than not you just opened a completely new can of worms. at that point all convos with said carrier will be kicked over to their legal teams to dig through..so any threats etc will be included in what they get

heck all you need to say is “ i spoke with a lawyer and….”….thats all that is needed to end that convo and hand it over to their legal department..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @earlkellyjr 

It can be extremely frustrating to figure out options after government assistance programs end, especially when they end suddenly. We try to make our processes pretty easy, but it sounds like you and many others are having to jump through hoops to get everything on your account straightened out. I appreciate the effort you have already put in by going to the store and providing them with the documents. The store reps are great and can be extremely helpful in some situations, but the military verification is actually done through the T-Mobile app or the website. 

You mention that your Driver’s License shows that you are a Veteran. According to our support site, that should be enough for our military verification process. I would highly recommend following the steps here under Verify my military service status. I am confident that you will be able to get the steps done easily and keep the military status on your account. 

Thank you deeply for your 8 years 7 months 4 days of active duty and your commitment to the freedom and safety of this country. 

Badge

We have done tried your site several times! And when I say several that is a understatement! And your own techs, and support told us to go to the store! I will click on this link and try it and pass this on to others at bay pines if it works! But I have my doubts. Just tried it!!! same thing as the other hundred times! Just going to go get attorney to deal with this! I'm too old, tired, and done too much for this country to fight yall, so I'm out, attorney is in! I'm done with tmobiles games! The fact is you already knew I was a veteran! Had to! Because the v.a. gave me this phone,  and they had to have my dd214 from me to get the phone! Why don't yall just admit, yall are trying to get rid of us, so you don't have to pay for us or whatever reason it is!