Question

does t-mobile use sprint bands B25/B26/B41?

• 9 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 1 reply

The T-Mobile network does not have bands 25, 26, and 41. However, Sprint does. Considering tmobille's merging with sprint, does TMobile support those bands? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In general,  TMobile has taken on Sprint band 41, and in some areas B25 (effectively  B2 ).  B41 / n41 is quite important to TMobile.   Areas with “ultra capacity 5g” are n41, and possibly  B41 depending on deployment

Badge

@formercanuck Thank you.

Where did you get this info? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Where did you get this info? 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Cellmapper.net (web/Android) has filters that can show what bands are in use by each carrier.   Signal check along with  other apps and phone diagnostic can show what you're actually using

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've been able and am still able to use Sprint band 25 on my T-Mobile sim/plan. 

I'm a bit confused, since I've read that T-Mobile has retired Sprint LTE (3rd quarter 2022)... but it's still up and running here.

Maybe that just means a sprint sim card won't work anymore but a T-Mobile sim will still access the sprint bands.  IDK.

I'm kind of hoping that T-Mobile will install their extended range LTE and 5G band (b71) on the Sprint tower which might improve my service here but am again confused since I've read T-Mobile is decommissioning Sprint towers... but some sprint towers near here are still operational and operating with Sprint bands.