Question

e-mail to SMS not working from a single server

• 20 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am able to successfully send e-mail to SMS from several of my e-mail accounts, save one.  Messages are not blocked, at least according to Barracuda Networks SMTP server, which consistently returns “status=sent (250 OK (Allowed))”.  The message simply vanishes, never to arrive (even after weeks), without even a notification of non-delivery.

I have had issues with T-Mobile e-mail to SMS intermittently for years, but this is the first perpetual total loss of messages without any indication why.  The problem is easily reproducible; it happens every time.

I have tried prepending a “1” and a “+1” to the address, as in
                +1<T-Mobile-USA-number>@tmomail.net
but neither makes any difference.  Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks very much in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I’d doublecheck your account and make sure don’t have any Message blocking or Family Allowance blocking on your account. That goes for the tmomail.net numbers you’re sending to. You won’t be able to check their blocking, but they can check it for themselves. The last step that can be done is having our Tech Care team file a Trouble Ticket for Messaging and get this resolved on the back end.