Question

Face Time coverage overseas

• 15 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Does my Magenta plan cover using Face Time overseas, specifically Turkey and Romania? I would be the one initiating the call to one of those two countries.  The person being called reported he/she had trouble connecting to another meeting platform.   I do NOT want to make the call if there is any chance I would be charged for it.  

Thanks in advance, anyone out there who knows.  I could not find the answer to my satisfaction on the T Mobile website.  

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what type of face time app is it?

Badge

I have an iPhone XR  IOS 15.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im thinking correctly the only thing that would affect anyone using the stock app would be if you were roaming in a different country using international data.. dont believe there are any restrictions with using Google Duo or Apples facetime app internationally since its pretty much only using data and not the voice side or texts.

Badge

Thanks.  I would be making just a simple Face Time call to this person.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

trying to think of any Apple users in here that assist on the site but the majority of them im aware of use Android..

@syaoran  am i thinking correctly on this? shouldnt be any fees for making Duo video calls/Apple Facetime calls unless they are doing it while in a different country using their data right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

trying to think of any Apple users in here that assist on the site but the majority of them im aware of use Android..

@syaoran  am i thinking correctly on this? shouldnt be any fees for making Duo video calls/Apple Facetime calls unless they are doing it while in a different country using their data right?

Correct, as far as my understanding of it goes.  If it drops off WiFi on to data though while roa. ing, those charges can accumulate fast.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so in other words if you are in a different country visiting make absolute sure you are on wifi and not using international roaming data while using any of these..if you are in the states and video calling someone in another country it shouldnt matter. if youre worried connect to a wifi connection so youre not using anything from the carriers side