Question

Has Anyone Had Luck Getting Tmobile to Stop Being Garbage?

• 4 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve had their home internet for almost 2 years, basically since it came out. The internet options where I live are limited so I have BOTH t-mobile AND DSL to attempt to function as a normal living human in 2023. Also, work from home doubles down on that need.

Every couple of months, the internet starts slowing down. It gets worse and worse, usually the upload, until I yell at them... a lot. I have to talk to tech support 3-6 times each time this happens, they all go through all of the same asinine steps (reboot stuff, let’s check another tower, etc), despite being told every. single. time. that I’ve already tried it and it doesn’t help. They ALL say, every time, that the tower near me is either being updated now, soon, or just got updated (this will vary from person to person even on the same day). Eventually I start shit-talking them on social media and one of their people reaches out, says the engineers will look into it, then says the engineers found nothing wrong, and it gets resolved. Obviously, they are a gross mix of incompetent and dishonest scum.

So, has anyone found a way of getting t-mobile to stop being complete trash at every step? Having had to contact them for what is essentially the same issue ~100 times is absurd, but I have no real options to switch away. Is there a catch phrase or passcode or something that will make them stop throttling the internet until they get embarrassed publicly? Is there a support number that gets through to people with brain cells and not less-than-AI employees that can only parrot inaccurate garbage?

I’m dealing with this issue again, I’m ~10 times in or something now with the same problem. Modem has been replaced twice. Sim card has been replaced twice more. I’ve tested it with a dozen different devices. It’s them. And it’s intentional. Tips?

1 reply

I've had to do more captchas over the past 2 weeks than the rest of my life combined, and I'm in my mid-thirties. T-mobile prides themselves in being a cheap provider, not a good one. I just hit my 2 years and the only thing keeping me here is the knowledge that all the other carriers are trash, too. So I guess I'm stuck with cheap garbage, but that's better than expensive garbage. But there is definitely a race to the bottom.