Question

Having issues with call quality and one specific number.

• 25 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have issues with call quality and one specific person I talk to. When I call this person they complain that my voice sounds distorted (like I am calling from underwater and it’s robotic/garbled). Due to this, when I am calling this person we use WhatsApp. I don’t have this issue with anyone else so I am not sure if the issue lies with me or them. 

How can I rectify this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it only happens with the one specific person.  It is some sort of issue related to them.  WhatsApp has nothing to do with T-Mobile.  You might want to try reaching out to their support though to see if they can look into what the issue specifically is.  

Badge

If it only happens with the one specific person.  It is some sort of issue related to them.  WhatsApp has nothing to do with T-Mobile.  You might want to try reaching out to their support though to see if they can look into what the issue specifically is.  

I’m aware that WhatsApp has nothing to do with T-Mobile, was just stating that because of the T-Mobile call quality issue I have to switch to that app solely when calling this party, which is annoying. Anyways, going to have them try contacting Apple and T-Mobile themselves. Oddly, I am also the only one they have this issue with on their side, too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it was a T-Mobile call quality issue. It would happen with most or all calls.  You mentioned this only happens when you call one specific person.  I would say it is on that person’s end and not yours.