Question

Home internet

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

How come my T-Mobile home internet shows great signal but the internet connection to my device doesn’t work at all ? 

4 replies

For last 2 months, there is quite frequent outage in my area (S. california → LA area).   Unfortunately, every time had called 611 to report the issue and see what’s going… I get a general explanation “There is a known market outage”.   Anytime there is internet outage… obviously data (phone celluar) also affected -- assuming most of the time they connected to same tower.

I am not happy to say (but the reality) - T-Mobile service is not reliable.  They are growing in terms of market share -- but the I don’t think are able to scale up their service/capacity.

Does the device show that it is logged in to the gateway’s wifi? The wifi password has to be entered the first time you log in from a device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For last 2 months, there is quite frequent outage in my area (S. california → LA area).   Unfortunately, every time had called 611 to report the issue and see what’s going… I get a general explanation “There is a known market outage”.   Anytime there is internet outage… obviously data (phone celluar) also affected -- assuming most of the time they connected to same tower.

I am not happy to say (but the reality) - T-Mobile service is not reliable.  They are growing in terms of market share -- but the I don’t think are able to scale up their service/capacity.

I suspect that it depends on the area you are in.  In SoCal where I am, just north of LA, service is good to great at least in urban/suburban areas.  I even use tmobile home internet for work/vpn/zoom.

Rural areas are hit or miss.

I’ve been having crappy home internet service as well and I live in Texas. I wish there was another internet service but they all work on the same tower so really there’s none.