Question

How?

• 26 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am unable to use my service when I am not on wifi. An eSim has been installed and everything and I cannot make or receive calls outside of my home. When I am traveling I cannot even use Google maps. Nothing has been done about this and now I just received a bill... how do you expect me to pay for a service I am not even receiving?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you gone into your settings to make sure the esim is activated?

Badge

yes! I actually went into a t-mobile store and they went through everything and showed me what they were doing when they did it. I even turned off the old sim to make sure that it doesn't try to use that one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am unable to use my service when I am not on wifi. An eSim has been installed and everything and I cannot make or receive calls outside of my home. When I am traveling I cannot even use Google maps. Nothing has been done about this and now I just received a bill... how do you expect me to pay for a service I am not even receiving?

Hey there @Amina_Q The whole point of cell phones is to have service on the go. Have you been able to get this issue resolved or did you still need help?

What is the make and model of your phone? When you leave Wifi, do you have any signal bars or does it show no service? I don’t want you to have to repeat any steps that the store did. Can you recall all that they did? I can provide some settings that you can check on your phone to make sure everything is in order there. On the account side, you might want to contact our support teams to quadruple check that the esim profile is correct and there are not blocks or anything on your account. 

Badge

Hey there! Thank you for responding. I have signal bars and as soon as I attempt to place a call they turn into an X OR the call goes through and then drops 10-15 seconds later. When I am not on wifi nothing will go through and I do not have access to Google maps or anything. It literally does not function when I am not on wifi and wifi calling. I have been to 2 different stores and been on with customer care on 5 or 6 different occasions. They checked the eSim again, did a reset again, wiped a bunch of stuff and rebooted. They sent a replacement phone so we are going to see if it is the device, as there are no service outages in my area. Hopefully it was the device. We will find out Friday!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Wow that is a lot of stuff already done. What is the make and model of phone?

Badge

Samsung S22 Ultra 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks. When I have seen these issues before, the setting that fixed it was a Wi-Fi calling preferences setting. Can you go to Settings>Connections>Wi-Fi Calling (tap the word, not the slider). Make sure that the Calling preferences is set to Cellular Preferred. 

Amina,

I am going through the EXACT same thing and guess which phone I have … . Samsung S22 Ultra!

I hate to say it, but i don’t think your new phone will be the answer… but if it is, please let me know! I’m about done because I’ve done EVERYTHING I have read about or been instructed to do… and my kids, on the same phone policy and sitting right next to me, are not experiencing this issue. One of them has an i-phone and the other has an ancient A-21 phone that isn’t even 5G and still up and running. 

I hope it works out for you and it is your device. I really appreciate your posting because it is hard for me to know how to phrase what I need and when I read your thread… it was exactly what my mind would say if it had a reader board on it.:)