Question

I live rural and I have pretty bad 4GLTE signal, using a Galaxy Note 9, and I wonder how I can contact T-Mobile to maybe improve their singal here

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I live in southern Florida and I use RedPocket GSMT, and I noticed how T-Mobile has super spotty coverage where I live. I like T-Mobile because they support their older networks much longer than others HOWEVER, I strongly ask T-Mobile that I be able to call and text from my own house because it is nearly impossible to do so. I may catch 1 out of 5 bars of 4GLTE on my Galaxy phone if I am standing outside for long enough or it will catch a very faint 1 bar 4GLTE signal only for 10 seconds then back to cross sign signal on the top right corner! Not even do I get 2G “E” logo because 2G doesn’t exist around my house. It is frustrating that if I want to call or text my relatives or friends I have to go a couple houses down to catch a slightly stronger 4GLTE signal even get “E” sometimes. I am not saying I need to have all 5 bars at my house and I will be happy with just 2 or 3 but if someone can PLEASE help me on how I can contact T-Mobile for “Coverage Support” or something so I can have stable signal on my street if even in the future I need better signal if I move to another area, I will know just what to do!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Do you have any other option for home internet? If you do, TMO will send you a free cell booster that uses your home internet so you have full coverage.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Can I get a cell phone booster even though I am on RedPocket GSMT? I am still using T-Mobile’s towers technically so why wouldn’t I?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Can I get a cell phone booster even though I am on RedPocket GSMT? I am still using T-Mobile’s towers technically so why wouldn’t I?

You can try a cell booster for your hotspot. Talk to the folks at waveform.com, they are experts in this field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A lot of things can factor into how well your devices works with the coverage available.  Considering you are not a T-Mobile customer, your experience on an company that uses aspects of T-Mobile’s network more than likely will differ than that of someone who actually is a T-Mobile customer.  Also, the S9’s are quite old!  Radios in devices have improved a lot over the past 4 years.  Have you considered upgrading your device and potentially trying T-Mobile as your service provider?  Cell Boosters are no longer issued by T-Mobile.  T-Mobile customers can get a Cell Spot, which uses their home internet connection to provide a cell signal for them to use to improve indoor coverage.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have switched back to Verizon a week or so ago because in Naples (where I currently live) Verizon has the best coverage compared to AT&T and T-Mobile. I can’t stand the spotty coverage from T-Mobile. I completely understand that I live in Florida so hurricanes have ruined some towers but the telecom can’t fix them up which is a big shame. Also, Verizon doesn’t force people to upgrade either like AT&T, Verizon doesn’t state a shutdown for their 1x 2G CDMA network but they are removing 3G! Even Verizon’s site has an article about 2G staying for machine-to-machine communication.