Question

iPhone 13 data doesn't work for most apps

Badge

Since Sept 2022 the data on my iPhone 13 hasn’t been working for most apps and idk what to do. 

What works: 

• Texting
  • Calling
  • Instagram (its slow though)
  • Facebook

What doesn’t work: 

• Maps (which is annoying because I moved to LA)
  • Mail
  • Safari 
  • Texts that include pictures
  • YouTube
  • Facetime 
  • Spotify (also annoying because I have to listen to the radio since the songs won’t load)
  • Games
  • Literally everything else 

I had T-mobile up until Nov 2022. I called T-Mobile customer service in Oct 2022, they said there was something wrong with the towers in LA and engineers are working on it. But I flew to Texas a week after, and it wasn’t working there either. I visited Arizona not too long after and it didn’t work there, so it’s not the towers like they first said. I switched to Metro PCS (Nov 2022) for cheaper phone plan, and it didn’t fix anything even with a new sim card. It’s now March and nothing has changed so idk what to do. I tried everything from turning my phone off and on, new sim, resetting everything, and still nothing. 

In certain areas driving in LA, it will briefly work, but it’s only brief. 

Has this happened to anyone else and do y’all have any tips or advice? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Since Sept 2022 the data on my iPhone 13 hasn’t been working for most apps and idk what to do …  do y’all have any tips or advice? 

Have you done all the iOS updates on your iPhone 13?

Try turning off 5G access, and only use 4G LTE, and see if anything improves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Metro is still T-Mobile and uses the same towers.  LA and a lot of California have congestion problems, especially in the big city centers.  Have you checked to make sure your APN settings are correct?  Have you disabled any power saving features that would affect network performance?  Are these apps you are having issues with using a power saving mode?  Have you tried a factory reset of your device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i would think if it was having data issues then it would affect ALL apps that use data not just some of them. with that being said though was this phone purchased from TMO? were you a customer of TMO prior to that? and if so when you purchased this phone did you swap the sim card from your previous phone? and if so which phone was it? or do you have a esim?