Question

Is it normal to have no signal in my house even with a T-Mobile Booster and that for years now?

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

For years now I have a problem in my house in Texas with my T-Mobile signal. I already got a Booster From T-Mobile, works every once in a while. But today again I wanted to call Waste Management and my call was permanently cut out. the person on the other side could not understand anything I said. Is this normal. It works a little better if I go outside to the corner of our street.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If your device is compatible with WiFi Calling.  You could enable that for now.  Is there something in your house that might be weakoning the cell signal or something in the neighborhood that might be causing interference?  What device are you using?  Older devices might not have a band deployed closer to you that could potentially give you a better experience.  

Badge

it is compatible with WiFi calling, but T-Mobile told me to close it because of the booster. Many people around have similar problems. I have an IPhone XR. I think, it is just a bad T-Mobile signal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Older iPhones have Intel modems, which are terrible in areas where signal.isn't 4 or 5 bars.  A booster only works when the signal is strong enough to be received and extended.  What you really need, is a cellspot that can use your internet to give you cell signal.  Your device should work fine with WiFi Calling though, which is the better option.  You might have a better experience with an iPhone 14 or 15, which have QualComm modems instead of Intel. 

Badge

I have a Nokia Cellspot, which I called booster. I have 5 bars with it but the calls are cut out. Without I just have 1 bar. It is an e-sim. My second line with a regular sim has just one bar too for ATT. Don’t want to buy a new phone just because T-Mobil has no signal around here. Just a few minute ago, I came home and had 5 bars on the phone also outside my house. Strange!