Question

Magenta Plus Question

• 20 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve had T-mobile for several years now. I’ve got the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I was just comparing plans and noticed that in the plan comparison window, my magenta plus only shows unlimited data for 4g lte. Where as the new go5g plans show unlimited data for 5g. I’ve noticed lately that when connected to 5g networks my phone does little to nothing. 

Is this an indicator that 5g is being phased out for Magenta plus users and we’re required to change to the new go5g service if we want to be able to utilize the 5g network?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Interesting .. that must be an old but premium plan.  20GB 4G LTE hotspot included.  T-Mobile Simple Choice ?

In theory, ‘all plans’ should already include 5G data.   My old One Plus plan shows

Unlimited 5G & 4G LTE, but for mobile hot spot…

3G mobile hotspot included. Optional high-speed data available.

I’d check with customer care, as when your device shows ‘5G’ … you’re typically using 5G service.  Pricing may be an issue with newer plans.  It may be an issue with overall performance in your area.  Magenta Plans are expected to be ‘better’ than the older T-Mobile One plans (mine is the base), and I get speeds that hit close to 2Gbps (typically ~400-600Mbps), with iPhone 12.