Question

MATE 10 CAN'T CONNECT 4G DATA ?

• 9 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Starting two weeks ago, my MATE 10 can't connect to the 4G data service. Only the speed of "E" is displayed. I wonder if it's t-mobile barrier this phone, or if this phone is too old to use?

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Extended perhaps? are there any other devices around you that are on TMO? and if so are they working fine or also showing E?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you set the APN settings in the Huawei Mate 10?  

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support

Depending on the bands deployed where you are.  That might also be the issue.  The Mate 10 doesn’t support b41, b66, or b71 and more than likely does not support VoLTE, which would make it fairly useless on T-Mobile’s network.  

Badge

I've been using MATE10 normally for two years and have always had 4G data services. Just two weeks ago, I couldn't connect to 4G, and only the EDGE data service was displayed.

Can't a phone that doesn't support VoLTE use on a T-mobile network right now?

Do I have to change my phone?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not yet..but depending on what bands of LTE it uses theres always the chance that it mainly uses one of the Sprint bands...which if they just removed it from your local tower(s) that could also be the issue. not fully knowledgable when it comes to this device so might not be the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can't a phone that doesn't support VoLTE use on a T-mobile network right now?

last i heard they wont be starting this shut down until December of this year. so current non 5G devices without VoLTE capabilities can still be used but just not accepted onto the network as a new device.