Question

Network - continuously - doesn't stay connected

• 16 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

This is a long one - this has been ongoing for almost a year now. At work - I no longer stay connected to the T-Mobile network. I had NO issues with network connection before the big “5G” roll out while at work. The last conversation with a T-Mobile tech person - was to send me a phone that did not have “5G” capabilities. No change - I miss calls, texts, etc. while at work. The phone kicks me off the T-Mobile network ALL the time while at work. In fact, I can’t make any calls out from my cell phone right now. In order to verify information - I had to use my email that I could access on my work computer. I have moved past frustration and now I am the anger part - I am paying a bill for services that I can only use in certain areas! And I don’t care what Dolly had to say about T-Mobile during the Super Bowl - in my opinion - she is representing a company that cannot resolve my network connection issue while I am at work. I can’t contact any body right now at T-Mobile for assistance because I am at work - no freaking signal. Anyone have any suggestions? The only reason I haven’t cancelled my service through T-Mobile is because I have 5 lines on the account and I am the only one that has an ongoing issue - but I am getting closer to cancelling my account with them. 

Thank you,
Beth

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how long ago did that tower covering you go live with 5G?

and since you mentioned 4 of the other devices work fine minus yours..what phones do they have and which phone do you have?

all 5 phones having issues in the same area i would say network related..but since its only yours its going to boil down to either a problem with the sim card..how the phone itself is trying to read/use the 5G or something mucked up with your line only..

if its an iphone (been seeing a lot of network issues with them and 5G lately) you can try going into your mobile data settings and try changing to 4G instead and see if it stabilizes or not..

Badge

All 5 lines are not in the same area. I don’t use iPhone - I am a Samsung Galaxy girl. According to T-Mobile the tower that is close to my work is not “5G” yet - this is why we downgraded my phone from a “5G” compatible phone to one that won’t attempt to connect to a “5G” network. When they sent me the downgrade - they also sent me a new SIM card. 

This all became an issue at my work only after I upgraded to a “5G” phone. Before that I had no issues at all with having a network at my work. I have been tossed around to about a dozen tech support people at T-Mobile - not one has figured this out yet. Meanwhile - I am unreachable while at work - 14 hours a day. If family has an emergency - they have to call my work number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any other TMO users at your work by chance? and if so are they seeing the same thing or no?

not sure why they would have downgraded you..lack of 5G on that tower would just push 4G anyways..worse case if it was trying to pull 5G from a much further out tower and it was to far i could see there being issues..which then you could have just jumped into your network settings and switched it to look for 4G only and not 5G..

by chance have you attempted to contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter? calling in lands you with tier 1 support where FB/TWTR lands you with tier 2 support starting off..the one key troubleshooting thing here would be if there are any other TMO phones near you..theyre seeing the same thing then its something network related..if theyre not then its either phone or something junked up on your line/account when they switched you back/downgraded you..

also by chance does your company have wifi so you can connect to wifi calling perhaps until the issue is figured out?

Badge

No other TMO users at my work. Small company - easy to check with. I can connect to the Wi-Fi at work - but my point is - why should I have to? I am paying for a service that doesn’t work while I am at my work - where I am at for 14 hours a day - which allows me to pay my bills - like the T-Mobile one. 

I have reached out to T-Mobile through Facebook, called the numbers - I have talked to a lot of different tech people from T-Mobile. We have done different things to my previous “5G” cell phone - none worked. Why am I working so hard and wasting so much of my time to get them to figure it out? Why are they not calling me? - other then they probably can’t reach me while I am at work. 

Like I said - this is beyond frustrating. Maybe statistically they figure 1 phone out of 5 not working on an account is ok? But - I am the main account holder! 

I am at a loss with this. I would just like it to go back the way it was 2 cell phones ago…….