Question

No Data, but have phone service

• 10 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello, I joined T-Mobile last Sunday. Since then, it has been a nightmare! I have had no data connectivity. No App store, IMessages, YouTube or internet. On my XR, then on my new 14. Which the store made me send back. They thought it was defective. Hours and hours spent in the physical store and on the phone have gotten me nowhere. With everyone involved simply throwing up their hands.

How can no one at the entire company know what's going on?

What I’ve done:

Reset everything. Restore everything.

Send the 14 back.

We tried putting me on a new plan.

Physical sim, e-sim. 

Tried a floor model in store.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you double checked the APN settings?  Is data toggled on?  Are you potentially domestically roaming, which would require roaming to be enabled for data to work?

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support

Badge

Cell Data- On

Options- Roaming On

APN Settings on an IPhone?

Thank you for attempting to help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don’t have an iPhone but they still need carrier specific settings to connect to data.  iMessage actually requires data to work as well.  

T-Mobile Internet and MMS settings: Apple iPhone | T-Mobile Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/apple/t-mobile-internet-and-mms-settings-apple-iphone

Badge

I'm.on number 3 gateway 2 we're the grey Nokia round ones kept getting connected no internet..now I have what's supposed to be better the square black one.its worse than the old ones 

...but the old ones got really hot had to put a fan on them..I have literally been on phone and in store with t mobile all weekend.this T-Mobile 5G internet is junk