Question

no internet for 3 days

• 26 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have been receiving a wan005 and wan002 error for 3 days with no solution and no eta. One rep told me it was a network issue with the tower. Another told me they can send me a new gateway. Which is it!? No information. I’m 2023, 3 days without internet is unacceptable. What are these errors and when will it be fixed? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm sure that each time you call,  you may get a different answer.

Having an outage with a tower is typically solved same day, unless it is a very big issue and rural (fire/flood), and then a COW/COLT should be deployed.   If your cellphone works (assuming you have one in addition to TMHI), then it is most likely the device.

Badge

Hi Jane! I’ve had the same issue since August 25th. Still no home internet. I spoke to 4 techs and 2 of them told me it was a tower issue and then another one told me it was a bad router.  So I go to T-Mobile get a new router only to have the same error codes AGAIN!

Finally a supervisor did confirm it was a tower issue. 1st eta was supposed to be fixed today but now they are saying it could be Tuesday maybe even later! The only thing they were able to do for me is issue a $30 credit and I basically can only connect to 4G on my cellphone and use the hotspot. What a mess! They are blaming it on hurricane Hilary but we hardly had rain here lol!

What city are you located? We are in Norwalk CA

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Im just north of LA.  Suburbia

Badge

I’m in Ohio.  They said they’ll send me a new router, but if it doesn’t work I’m switching. I’m glad you got a hold of a supervisor. Thank you for commenting!