Question

No internet on lte in Phoenix area

• 27 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Rarely can I get on the Internet with my iPhone in the Phoenix area on LTE even though I have signal strength and can make phone calls. I have checked all my settings.  I never had this issue in the Pacific Northwest. It’s very annoying and I am thinking of changing carriers.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I suggest you use a PING utility to determine if you have no Internet or if the Internet is just incredibly slow. What model iPhone are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What part of Phoenix?  By Sky Harbor I her 140+ speeds on LTE. In the east valley I get great speeds also. I've been to Laveen, Avondale and Tolleson without issue.

I don't go to North Phoenix much but never an issue. I think a lot of times it's the phone or sim card.

Badge

I have iPhone 11, and live in the west valley, Goodyear, Litchfield Park area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is it a Tmobile phone or an unlocked carrier version.

Badge

T Mobile phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is it a 5G phone?  If so change your preferences to 4G LTE and see if that helps.

Badge

no it’s a 4g phone, it’s the model right before 5g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have iPhone 11, and live in the west valley, Goodyear, Litchfield Park area.

Until you come back with the results of a Ping to 8.8.8.8, I can only guess it’s because of being on the edge of coverage. There looks to be a lot of nothing to the SE of Goodyear Airport. It could be that your phone is sticking on band 12, which would reduce your throughput. In theory, you should be able to aggregate a number of LTE bands but the theory sometimes falls apart when put into practice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Last time I was that far west out of the valley was on my way to Lake Havasu and didn't need to stop. Google maps was working though and had cell service.