Question

No or slow Home Internet in the mornings

• 12 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am in my first month using the Home Internet service. I had initial problems with the first Gateway dropping but after swapping it out, it worked well for over a week.  For the last 3 x days, I have had little or no service early mornings from around 6am.  Although very polite, the support staff could give no satisfactory reason for this.  I can’t believe it would be demand on the towers during that time? My thought is that maintenance and or testing is being done but if that’s the case, why don’t the support staff know this? I get 3 to 4 bars of 5G connection constantly. For the rest of the day, I get great speeds and service. Ideas?

3 replies

Me too, usually around 8:30am-9am PST.  Not sure why?  Traffic?

Hi. I just installed the gateway. I am trying the system. So far it seems that I only get 3 bars regardless of location. It seems the 5g is very slow. I will give it a try for a few days, so far not impressed. Good thing I kept my cable internet service.

Hi. Have you tried getting an Orbi or mesh wifi6 system? That really bounces the signal around your home. I readjusted mine and that improved the signal.