Solved

No SMS/MMS texts being sent

• 26 March 2020
  • 27 replies

Having problems sending texts from my Android phone.  I can receive texts from other people.  When I send, it shows as sent but the text never gets to the recipient.  Other texting apps such as LINE and WhatsApp work fine.

All phone software up to date, I tried turning Airplane mode off/on, powering down the phone, and resetting APN to default.  Nothing works so far. 

Been stuck on hold with T-Mobile support forever now and their live chat is down.

Would very much appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 6 April 2020, 16:48

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Power the device off and leave it off for at least 5 minutes to allow it to refresh on the network.

Thanks but that didn't work 😥

I'm having the same issues as well

I am having the same problems... have tried reset, clear cache... seem to be receiving texts, phone won't send text or mms.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you having issues messaging a certain number or numbers? Is it only happening with certain carriers? If you're using other messaging apps, have you tried uninstalling those for testing purposes to see if the message go through?

Thank you, I am having messaging issues to all my contacts, individual or group texts, to other networks and to my own family on this same account. My other lines are not having this issue... my son's phone texts fine but does not receive my texts. I receive texts but cannot send to any of my contacts.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:31 PM, tmo_mike_c<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

#yiv0525084306 * #yiv0525084306 a #yiv0525084306 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0525084306 #yiv0525084306 h1, #yiv0525084306 h2, #yiv0525084306 h3, #yiv0525084306 h4, #yiv0525084306 h5, #yiv0525084306 h6, #yiv0525084306 p, #yiv0525084306 hr {}#yiv0525084306 .yiv0525084306button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from tmo_mike_c in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

Are you having issues messaging a certain number or numbers? Is it only happening with certain carriers? If you're using other messaging apps, have you tried uninstalling those for testing purposes to see if the message go through?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Network & coverage by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following No SMS/MMS texts being sent in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for the extra info. Do you have a 3rd party messaging app installed? If so, can you remove it and give it another shot? Also, can you try typing the number in manually instead of using the saved contact?

HI,If you mean other messaging apps like FB messenger, then, yes, I have it and its the only thing letting me communicate with the outside world right now. 

I would really like to get this problem solved so I can text with co-workers and friends/family as usual. 

I have uninstalled the messenger app, I deleted my son's contact information.... I have shut down my phone, gave it 20 minutes, restarted, then texted to my son by entering his number... nothing... he did not receive the text.. I am still unable to send any text or picture.

Thank you, let's get this solved, what do I do next? 

Rebecca Parker15092051757

On Friday, April 3, 2020, 10:40:30 AM PDT, tmo_mike_c <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

#yiv8051006808 * #yiv8051006808 a #yiv8051006808 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8051006808 #yiv8051006808 h1, #yiv8051006808 h2, #yiv8051006808 h3, #yiv8051006808 h4, #yiv8051006808 h5, #yiv8051006808 h6, #yiv8051006808 p, #yiv8051006808 hr {}#yiv8051006808 .yiv8051006808button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

reply from tmo_mike_c in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

Thanks for the extra info. Do you have a 3rd party messaging app installed? If so, can you remove it and give it another shot? Also, can you try typing the number in manually instead of using the saved contact?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Network & coverage by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following No SMS/MMS texts being sent in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

Hi everyone,

OP here.  Managed to connect with Support via chat and they said a block was put on my line for spamming.  Apparently if a URL link is sent out to multiple people (group chat), it gets flagged as potential spam.  My line was blocked from sending any additional texts for 10 days.  I only sent a link to 3 or 4 people so the implementation of this policy seems rather misguided, although I understand the intent.  Can someone from T-Mobile Support confirm the actual policy here?

My block was lifted on day 8 so all back to normal - I am able to send texts again.  Will stick to WhatsApp etc from now on.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else having this same problem!

Thank you for this post... I was on hold for over 3 hours, cannot access any means of reaching T-Mobile except here and the questions/comments are days apart. This sounds like what has happened to me, I would love verification from T-Mobile and the block to be removed....

I would love to connect with Support!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

You can trust the information provided by our T-Mobile Experts 😊 Spammers are always changing their attack vectors, so we don't have a list of hard rules to follow. But if you're sending out mass messages to people with links to commercial websites, you'll want to work with a 3rd party SMS marketing vendor to make sure your message gets through.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

We don't have access to your account here in Community, but you can reach out to one of our Experts on Facebook or Twitter and they can take a look.

Of the 5 phones in our family 2 do not send/receive SMS messages.  All of our settings are the same so that’s not the issue.  We’ve reset the problematic phones which did not improve the issue.  T-Mobile support has not been any help yet.  Not that they’ve tried, just they have no answers to the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Which phones are you having trouble with? Are they Tmobile phones?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Of the 5 phones in our family 2 do not send/receive SMS messages.  All of our settings are the same so that’s not the issue.  We’ve reset the problematic phones which did not improve the issue.  T-Mobile support has not been any help yet.  Not that they’ve tried, just they have no answers to the issue.

also have you tried a different texting app in case its the app itself messing up?

All of the iPhones were purchased through tmobile although at separate times. 

Fireguy - No, I’ve not tried another app. I’m not sure why that would be an issue if we’re all using the same app especially when 3 of them work with no issues.  SMS is not new technology and not complex so I’m scratching my head over this issue. Maybe I don’t understand iPhones and T-Mobile like thought.😀  

I do appreciate the feedback guys!  Thanks!

Having problems sending texts from my Android phone.  I can receive texts from other people.  When I send, it shows as sent but the text never gets to the recipient.  Other texting apps such as LINE and WhatsApp work fine.

All phone software up to date, I tried turning Airplane mode off/on, powering down the phone, and resetting APN to default.  Nothing works so far. 

Been stuck on hold with T-Mobile support forever now and their live chat is down.

Would very much appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks!

We are consistently having this issue; and EVERY time we take phones in to the local store, they say it is the SIM card and they replace it.  That lasts anywhere from 1 week to 1 month and we’re back in to complain again. Reception is not as good as advertised either.  We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, we may be switching again if T-Mobile can’t get it right for a change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Fireguy - No, I’ve not tried another app. I’m not sure why that would be an issue if we’re all using the same app especially when 3 of them work with no issues.  SMS is not new technology and not complex so I’m scratching my head over this issue. Maybe I don’t understand iPhones and T-Mobile like thought.😀  

I do appreciate the feedback guys!  Thanks!

its a possibility that its could still end up being the messaging app itself..however usually you see it a bit more with the Android side of things..

and its the regular texting app you are having issues with right and not imessage? and didnt see it mentioned but you are able to make calls and receive them on both the problem phones? same with jumping online and whatnot without wifi? no issues correct?

Thanks for the quick responses Fireguy!  Your responses are much faster than mine. 
Oddly the SMS is the only that doesn’t work. Phone calls, messaging, wifi all work fine. That’s what has me puzzled.  
We are using the app that comes installed with the iPhones.  I’ll install another SMS app to test it.  I’d be happy if that solves the problem; not that I’d understand why that works, but happy to have a functioning SMS app 😀

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

see thats the weird part..SMS is sent/received using voice packets..basically the same side as your incoming/outgoing calls..MMS uses data..so if you cant make calls usually you cant text either. hold off on changing out to a different texting app for now (unless you already have..then test it out and report back the results)..forgot to ask (or i might have missed where it was mentioned).. but are ALL SMS not working or just specific numbers/contacts?

Got our SMS resolved by calling T-Mobile and having them remove the “short code block”. Took about 5 minutes.  Got a happy customer now although I don’t understand how it got set to block initially. 
Thanks for the help here guys!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting. usually short code is what is used when you are sent a code or whatnot via text from a company (getting a security code sent to you to confirm something etc) and not so much regular texting. kind of weird that THAT is what fixed it lol

Badge

Why are so many people having problems with the same thing?  Verizon says it is coming from TMobile users so there is nothing they can do, but we are all suffering from no helpful information from TMobile as I look at previous posts about the subject of not being able to text one of our contacts any longer even after doing everything TMobile says we should do.

Badge

i went to the place that marks spam and asked to be removed,

it seemed to work

eventually