Question

No voice service: Temporarily turned off by your carrier

Show first post

29 replies

Badge

I keep getting a notification that says NO VOICE Service, IT HAS BEEN TURNED OFF YOUR CARRIER. LIKE 4 TIME THAN A HALF AN HOUR AND MY PHONE WON'T WORK LIKE I DON'T EVEN GET IT I JUST GOT THIS PHONE WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? 

Read Fireguy_6364 solution, right above your post.  It worked perfectly for my Moto One 5G Ace.  I haven’t gotten the notification since I used his “fix”.  Thanks again @fireguy_6364 

Of course I’m using wifi calling.  Many buildings, homes and apartments have foil lined insulation.  Effectively we live in Faraday cages which makes it hard for the cellular signal to come through.  That’s why carriers make wifi calling available.  The problem may be contention between carrier signal and wifi and the software needs to turn off the SIM card to avoid that.  Apparently it’s buggy at the moment but it seems to happen far less with the older phone which uses the 5 Ghz band but that phone is for the old landline number which gets very limited calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and you set the phone to wifi preferred?

also keep in mind that devices purchased from outside of TMO wont use the same wifi calling set up. was the older phone purchased from TMO and the newer one from somewhere else?

The problem is with the Motorola phones (not to exclude others) but I have been having this problem ever since I came to T-Mobile a year ago. My daughter and I have the Moto Razr 5g flip phones we got through as promotion with T-Mobile. The phones worked optimally at first then after a couple of updates they stopped. We get the same error messages as “no voice carrier” or can’t make Wi-Fi  or data calls, can’t use the internet etc. More so at home at first, but now it can be just about anywhere. I have eight other lines and all of those phones, (six of them android and two iPhone) work just fine I have made numerous calls to T-Mobile, [to no avail because everybody does all these steps just to find they can’t fix it] but I can't do anything about it until I pay off these phones. Don’t go through what I went through with numerous service techs and customer service trying to troubleshoot your phone. I have had a new sim card, esim cards, wiping the phone clean and restarts to changing certain settings. I love Motorola phones but I will not get one through T-Mobile  or just period ever again