Question

Not Receiving Text messages

• 22 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

So I’ve had an A715G samsung for over 2 years now and have had no serious issues since I closed  out sprint, got a Tmob sim card and lived normal.  However, the last 3 or 4 months something has changed. (my wife is the only other person on my plan and she has the EXACT same phone and same problem)……...for some reason, when we are receiving group texts (from various family and friends locally and nation wide and some android, some iphone) we aren’t receiving ALL the texts in the threads.  Again, this has only happened LATELY.

Further, i noticed this week when really trying to tie down what’s happening that if we turn our phones off at night and someoen sends a group text ESPECIALLY from iphones, when we turn phones on in the morning, we don’t get anything.  

Tmob support can only assume that its due to Imessage or somethign but if that’s the case, WHY did this just start the last few months?  I’ve NEVER had these issues before.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually that's due to Apples iMessages app from what's been reported on this forum in other threads.

Badge

Thx, is there a solution to this?  I’ve mentioned it to those I’m close enough to, asking them to check their settings but did something change with that in the last few months?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im remembering right you have to turn off imessage.

Badge

thx!  I’m still not sure why that’s the case only for the last 3 months but I’ll certainly have them give it a try.  Appreciate!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its been a Android/Apple issue for quite some time..neither side will work on it because it pushes people to switch from either or.

cant say Apple doesnt make changes though..i mean look..theyre finally changing up to a normal charging cord lol.