Question

People Outside of T-Mobile Not Receiving My Texts

Badge

Hi everyone! As of late Wednesday, it appears that people who do not have T-Mobile aren’t receiving my text messages. To me, they look like they’re sent, however, both Verizon and AT&T customers aren’t receiving anything on their end.

I spoke to T-Mobile via Facebook and I’ve done the following:

• Cleared cache on phone
  • Cleared cache and data on messages app
  • Made sure all apps (Google Play and Galaxy Store) were up-to-date
  • Made sure phone was up-to-date
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset all settings
  • Deleted all messages in my phone (and emptied the trash)
  • Turned on and off airplane mode
  • Turned on and off most connections/network type settings
  • Restarted my phone way too many times

They told me I can come in-person today and get a new SIM card. I’m hoping that fixes it, however, I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or has ideas? T-Mobile says my account looks fine and everything on their end looks fine. My phone is a Galaxy S21 and is only 1.5 years old, and I’ve been with T-Mobile for years.

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Appears to be a frequent problem with Samsung / Android.  Maybe the following may help?

They told me that too. New SIM card did nothing. I upgraded phone and people are getting my texts but half still aren't. It's a T-Mobile issue that they aren't addressing. Or Samsung is dumping us

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you using Samsung Messages?  If so, disable RCS and see if that makes a difference.  If you still have the issue, try a different Messaging app, like Pulse or Textra to see if the issue is still there.  I haven’t had any issues with texting on my s23 Ultra but I use Pulse, which doesn’t support RCS.  

Actually I put in a ticket. It's now a known issue. It shouldn't matter what we use our messages should work. Mine are now some go through some don't. Doesn't matter provider, some work some don't. But putting in a ticket will at least get me updates and ETA 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Actually I put in a ticket. It's now a known issue. It shouldn't matter what we use our messages should work. Mine are now some go through some don't. Doesn't matter provider, some work some don't. But putting in a ticket will at least get me updates and ETA 

It shouldn't but when Samsung doesn't implement the right settings for the carrier in their Messaging app.  It's becomes an issue.  

I hope it gets fixed soon. I just had it come to my attention Thursday 

Mine was fixed as of Saturday afternoon.  Vz and att actually get my messages now from my note20. Def seeming like tmobile issue. They said it was a local issue and engineers were working on it then 2 days later it worked. I wonder where you all having this issue are located. I'm in lutz, fl.

Badge

I have been having the same issue for about a year or so. I thought it was my phone bc I had a Huawei pphone. So I purchased a Samsung z fold 4 this past March 2023. It did not fix the problem. I spoke to someone from T-Mobile, and they told me it's the other people's phones. I find this hard to believe, as I am the common factor. I am trying to purchase a house and my realtor does not receive my texts. I have to email him my responses. He is working with another fellow who texted me, I responded, he never received it so he called me to say I texted you. It's frustrating. I run a business and I never know of my customers (new and current) didn't receive my text until after the fact. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i text to V phones daily with zero issues sending/receiving on my end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

i text to V phones daily with zero issues sending/receiving on my end.

Same.  I text a few friends on Verizon almost daily.  No issues.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

texting with the wife currently..shes with V..dinner ideas lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Butter chicken!  :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Butter chicken!  :D

had that yesterday lol.

its a current toss up between Ramen and Mexican...probably gonna end up with a coin flip since neither of us can decide lol.

I’m a business person and I use my cell for business.  Twice now, I’ve had clients state that I did not return their text message.  If this does not get fixed, I will be forced to change providers.  #mortgagemack

Like everyone here, I've been having these same issues. Seems like RCS is a problem. I also thought it was my phone and got a new one just to find out it's also has issues. I have an older phone as well for my business that is not having this problem so I have to wonder if it's not one of the operating system glitches for newer phones. Not sure what to do at this point. Got to wonder if it's a carrier issue though. It sure does seem like it might be

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Like everyone here, I've been having these same issues. Seems like RCS is a problem. I also thought it was my phone and got a new one just to find out it's also has issues. I have an older phone as well for my business that is not having this problem so I have to wonder if it's not one of the operating system glitches for newer phones. Not sure what to do at this point. Got to wonder if it's a carrier issue though. It sure does seem like it might be

Different texting apps have different code.  If the issue was with T-Mobile.  The boards would be flooded with threads from over 150 million customers complaining.  

I’m having same issue. I did a factory reset hoping it would solve it, but nope.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Still not having any issues.  I am using the latest beta of Google Messages with RCS enabled.  No issues on the girlfriend's device either.  She's using Textra for SMS/MMS.

This is definitely a known tmobile issue. I have been having this issue (primarily with att users) for several months. I have 4 phone lines (both iPhone and android)  and I am constantly on my phone so it has been a big problem for me and I have also been a good case for tmobile to study. The problems are intermittent. I have submitted 3 official repair tickets been to multiple store locations and gone through all the troubleshooting steps possible over the course of more than a dozen calls to tech support. As a last resoort tmobile sent me a replacement phone for my main device (galaxy ultra s22+). Of course that didn't work either. At this point I am waiting for tmobile to make changes to their network settings to fix the issue and to extend to me a credit for all that I have been through. Since it has been so long (and they've tried to blame everyone else for all this time) I am not holding my breath for either a network repair or a credit. But I have informed them that I will continue to demand it. I am prepared to sue then if needed. Although again, my odds are probably slim to get fair compensation. 

The reason for my long post is to let everyone know about my experience and to save you all some of the trouble and confusion that I have endured. It isn't your phone, the other person's phone or carrier.... it is the tmobile network and there is nothing that anyone else can do but them. And they are well aware. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is definitely a known tmobile issue. I have been having this issue (primarily with att users) for several months. I have 4 phone lines (both iPhone and android)  and I am constantly on my phone so it has been a big problem for me and I have also been a good case for tmobile to study. The problems are intermittent. I have submitted 3 official repair tickets been to multiple store locations and gone through all the troubleshooting steps possible over the course of more than a dozen calls to tech support. As a last resoort tmobile sent me a replacement phone for my main device (galaxy ultra s22+). Of course that didn't work either. At this point I am waiting for tmobile to make changes to their network settings to fix the issue and to extend to me a credit for all that I have been through. Since it has been so long (and they've tried to blame everyone else for all this time) I am not holding my breath for either a network repair or a credit. But I have informed them that I will continue to demand it. I am prepared to sue then if needed. Although again, my odds are probably slim to get fair compensation. 

The reason for my long post is to let everyone know about my experience and to save you all some of the trouble and confusion that I have endured. It isn't your phone, the other person's phone or carrier.... it is the tmobile network and there is nothing that anyone else can do but them. And they are well aware. 

I would love to see some proof of that.  None of my 5 lines are having issues texting, including to other networks and internationally.  Just thinking it is doesn't make it true.  

You want to see proof of my intermittent texting issues on the tmobile network? Lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You want to see proof of my intermittent texting issues on the tmobile network? Lol

No.  I want to see proof that the T-Mobile network is the issue and not something related to your devices or messaging apps.  

I've had the problems on iPhone 11, iPhone 13 and another iPhone 13 a galaxy s22+ ultra and a replacement s22+ ultra. I've turned on and off rcs on the androids, I've used physical sims and esims on iPhone and androids. I've used the messages app and Google messages on the android. The problems persisted as I have traveled in 4 different states and with roaming on or off, wifi on or off, after multiple network resets  and various other troubleshooting steps. 

I mean sure, maybe I have nothing better to do and I'm making this all up. Maybe I'm a phonachodriac. Or maybe I have phonchausen by proxy. You don't need to believe me. But anyway, as I said I was posting this to help anyone experiencing the same problems. Obviously everyone is not experiencing this problem. Congratulations to you. But i am and it sounds like others are. And tmobile is aware so that's all the matters. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am not saying you are making it up.  The iPhone's are an Apple issue.  You can find aimiliar complaints across multiple carriers in and outside of the US.  With the s22 Ultra.  It's not much different than my s23 Ultra that I use or the one my girlfriend uses.  We are not experiencing issues.  I am running the beta of Google Messages and she is using Textra.  One of the other lines on our account uses a Pixel 7a with Google Messages (non-beta).  If there were issues, I would be hearing it from her.  

I travel a lot up and down the east coast and into Canada regularly.  I am not experiencing any issues while roaming either.  I don't personally have an s22 Ultra but I do participate in Samsung's beta releases, which grants me access to their beta area of the Members app.  I haven't seen anyone complaining in there about issues for the s22 series or the s23 series.

T-Mobile being aware if the issue is good, but that doesn't mean the issue is on their end.  Have you tried replacing your SIM?  Have you tried a full factory reset after updating to Android 14 without restoring anything through SmartSwitch?

As I said I've tried all that. New physical sims and esims. With and without smart switch.

During the moments when I can't receive texts I also can't send outgoing texts and if I am on a call it drops.

Today, I can't send outgoing mms to multiple att users.  All other texting normal. 

Believe me we've eliminated all other possible issues. Various tmobile reps have confirmed that it is a tmobile network issue. There simply isn't another possibility. And it doesn't have to impact all users to impact some. Clearly you haven't been impacted but I have.  Maybe it is an ohio, colorado, Pennsylvania, Arizona issue and not on the east coast. Maybe it is specific to the tmobile networkbut only for specific devices...