Solved

Picture and text sent as two different messages in stock app

• 7 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

So I have the Galaxy S9, stock android on Tmobile. Phone worked fine when sending a text message with a picture; for example a pic of a dog with my text underneath it as one message using the stock android message app. Last night something weird happened,  I sent a text to my brother on his iPhone and he said he said he received that message 14 times to my one sending. I said okay, cleared my cache and data for the message app and now when I try to send a picture and text together it splits into two messages. I can't find any setting inside the message app to change this. I've tried force stopping and and restarting my phone to no avail. Theres no limit to text size, groups are enabled. I'm just so baffled. I tried downloading Textra and it does the same thing. This literally just started happening.  Everything is up to date. Here's a pic:

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 8 August 2022, 17:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how is your reception when you were sending this? pic texts/group texts use data..at times if the signal is a bit hit and miss or barely there it can end up repeating the message numerous times.

Badge

Reception is good, 4 out of 5 bars. I've used the native Samsung messaging app with no issues like this since the S4. I downloaded Google messages and don't have the same issue. Spent about two hours with tech support and it was not resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hate to say it but usually Samsung uses their own texting app..which is by far not issue free..not that any other app out there isnt..but i can say from personal use i have not ran into any issues where it ended up being Google Messages at fault..its been pretty solid for me for the last 10 ish years.

Badge

It's just weird that it happened after I cleared the cache and data. I've tried finding the same version, newer or an older version to replace it but have been having trouble. I've tried the dial code ##72786# and had the carrier reset the phone on their end. The dial code wouldn't work and the reset didn't either  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah now that were over on the TMO side those codes no longer work..network resets and profile/prl updates now have to be done manually through the phones settings as far as i can tell..which network reset wise im not overly fond of since i did one last week and it wiped all my BT connections..as in had to re search them out and connect to them as if they were new...not the network reset of the old days thats for sure.

Badge

I can't even find the profile/prl reset. Android 10 one ui version 2.5

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

were you with Sprint previously and then merged over or have you been with TMO the whole time? and yeah i dug through my V60 and could only find the network reset..which did NOT yank all your BT connections and delete them...or wifi connections..which pretty sure i had to search back out my wifi connection and sign back into it as if i were new.

Badge

Yes I was with Sprint and then they merged. They gave us new Sim cards and everything about a year a go if I remember correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ok yeah so for us those codes no longer work..which worked awesome..this new way i am not impressed lol..