Solved

Pixel 6 - suddenly no service

Badge

Am showing an error on the data bar (exclamation point) as of this morning.  No known changes to the device, has been working fine for a long time but suddenly today am unable to connect to the internet.  Anyone have a similar sudden change or a suggestion for a fix?

icon

Best answer by MFlory 3 March 2023, 23:08

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any other TMO phones in your home or around you? are they seeing the same thing or no? if you leave that area by say 5+ miles do you regain signal? could be an issue with the tower that covers that area..could be the phone or even the sim card..

Yes, I seemed to starting having this issue in the last couple of weeks.  I thought it was isolated to a specific cell tower, since it seems to loose internet in the same vicinity.. but another TMobile user has a non Google phone and has full internet.

I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro..  airplane mode on/off doesn't fix it, reboot of the phone doesn't fix it, changing adaptive connectivity doesn't fix it..   changing preferred connection from 5G to LTE to 3G doesn't fix it.. I'm at a loss.

I wonder if Google pushed out an update that conflicts with whatever connection type TMO has with certain towers.    Especially that ira not isolated to just the tower near me, but it is isolated to the Pixel phones..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, I seemed to starting having this issue in the last couple of weeks.  I thought it was isolated to a specific cell tower, since it seems to loose internet in the same vicinity.. but another TMobile user has a non Google phone and has full internet.

I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro..  airplane mode on/off doesn't fix it, reboot of the phone doesn't fix it, changing adaptive connectivity doesn't fix it..   changing preferred connection from 5G to LTE to 3G doesn't fix it.. I'm at a loss.

I wonder if Google pushed out an update that conflicts with whatever connection type TMO has with certain towers.    Especially that ira not isolated to just the tower near me, but it is isolated to the Pixel phones..

also a possibility..did you guys receive anything update wise as of late? could be a back end deal that isnt even noticed being downloaded..but wont really know until even more devices start popping up with the same issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Google has been pushing Google app updates in the last week preparing for the March security patch so you may want to try updating your apps.

I've received 2 carrier services updates in the last week on my Pixel 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Google has been pushing Google app updates in the last week preparing for the March security patch so you may want to try updating your apps.

I've received 2 carrier services updates in the last week on my Pixel 6.

i have received 2 on my V60 as well oddly enough.

I may have found a solution..not sure if it's temporary or not…

I was googling the issue and found on another forum that someone suggested resetting the WiFi, Bluetooth and Mobile network settings..   I did that and it seemed to work, I once again have internet connectivity when connected to a TMobile tower..

Unfortunately, it erased all my Bluetooth and wifi saved and paired devices, but I am not loger without internet in the wild.   Inconvenient, yes - but I'm connected again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont recommend network resets to people nearly as much as i used to when i was with Sprint..their network reset just affected the mobile data side and nothing else..first time i did one over here i ran into what you did..it reset ALL of them lol..

Pixel 6a having the same issue. When I have the 5G network set as ‘preferred’, I’ll get the exclamation point on the signal bars and can’t send/receive texts at home, in a just city outside of Tacoma, WA. I’ve had the phone since Christmas 2022 and it didn’t have a problem with connectivity until about a month ago. I’ll try to send a text and will get a message that it can’t be sent, that’s when I’ll see the exclamation point. It will disappear after several minutes but wondering why this is happening all of a sudden. Phone has the latest updates from Google. The only issue is when I’m at home. My wife has the same phone and same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does your problem happen everywhere or just at one location like your home or work? if the problem follows it could be the device or how its trying to read certain signals from TMO..if the problem does not follow you then its a issue with whatever tower you normally connect to in that one location.

by chance are you connected to wifi and wifi calling when this is happening?

So far I've noticed it just at home in the last month or so. Yes, I am connected to my home WiFi 5GHz network and have WiFi calling enabled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have seen some people report issues with connectivity after updating Carrier Services.  Try turning off automatic updates and then uninstall the update for Carrier Services.  Then restart your device to see if that resolves it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

same issue if you are not connected to wifi while at home? the issue could end up being your wifi. might need a router restart. if the problem is still there then its pointing at the tower still. you will need to contact TMO and have a network ticket put in for your area.

Yes, same issue if I disable WiFi. The exclamation point will remain for several minutes and then it will come back eventually, but also not at full bars like before. The signal strength fluctuates as I sit and watch it for a few minutes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

tower issue pushing you to the next out tower. contact TMO and have them put in a network ticket for you. i would probably go the social media route Facebook/Twitter since that lands you with tier 2 support starting off. if that isnt an option then the call in agents can still handle it but are tier 1 support.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go and will update this thread when I find something out. 

TMobile support via their FB page says there are 2 trouble tickets open in this area for 2 different towers. I guess I'll just hang tight and hope they fix it soon. Thanks everyone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries..sounds about right for your scenario you have going on.

OMG this was so frustrating, all happened on 2 phones after upgrade to 13. Put up with this for months tried everything including wiping my phones.

Downgraded to LTE all works great now. 

Next time will not upgrade it will wait for a stable realises.  I guess I paid for 5g and 5g phones to go back to LTE, but at list I have reliable service. Settings/ network/ internet Carrier / settings icon / preferred network LTE.