Question

Possible recourse for no service at home

Badge

I have had T-Mobile service for 3 years at the same address,  which has always worked very good.  Starting about the middle of March 2023 my phone service stopped working at home.  Have been contacting T-mobile about every 2 weeks and have tried to get a credit for service only and i have been informed that the tower is down and they don’t know if it will be replaced and i am getting service they would expect when the tower down and there is no service so they are not obligated to give a credit for service under those conditions. 

I would like to do a factory reset on the phone and give it back to them, is this possible?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Since you've gone through tech support,  and they can't give you any useful information,  I'd recommend filing a BBB complaint.  You will get a US based support rep, which van give you info. Or port your number,  and offer credit.

Badge

Is it possible to return the phone to T-Mobile to get it off my bill, I don’t need a phone that doesn’t work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is it possible to return the phone to T-Mobile to get it off my bill, I don’t need a phone that doesn’t work?

Devices have a 14 day return policy.  Beyond that, devices cannot be returned.  If your device supports WiFi Calling.  That can be useful to use while you are at home.  

I lived in a apartment for close to 3 years where no cellular provider had service that reached it.  It wasn’t rural either.  It was just in an odd spot where the towers did not reach, which covered a handful of lowrise apartments.  If I walked outside over to where we had our mailboxes.  I could then get cell service.  I have never had any complaints using WiFi Calling because the feature works incredibly well.  

Badge

I am using wi-fi calling in my house, when i pull out of the driveway i have no phone service at all. we live 4 miles from town and there is no service going to town, or while you are there, or on the way back.

T-Mobile is refusing to give credit or anything else to help out its customers during this time.  Also I am not the only one affected. so what do you recommend to all the customers don’t have wi-fi at home and have to go 8 miles north to get service of any kind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately in Tmobile's terms and conditions it states they don't guarantee coverage. I suggest looking at a provider that will pay off the balance of the phone to get you to switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'd recommend hitting up the BBB or your local PUC.  The 14 day test (TMobile site also typically has a multiple month free trial).  BBB will escalate, but may not give you what you're looking for.  Always try before you buy