Question

samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra long delay in sending MMS messages

• 19 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

All, I have been having issues with sending sms or mms messages. I forwarded two messages to my husband from a delivery service so he would know when to expect the delivery.  He never received it. Yet, if I sent him a short message, it went through fine. Any thoughts? I rebooted my phone. Turned off wireless. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What messaging app are you using?  Is your MMS file size set below 1000kb?  Have you tried a different messaging app, like Android Messages, Pulse, or Textra to see if those work fine for MMS?

Badge

Thank you for replying. I was just using the built in messages but just turned on RCS Messages. Have no idea if that will make a difference or not. One recipient finallly got a long message I sent, before switching to RCS, but it took about 35 minutes to get to him. but my husband still hasn’t received the forwarded message from the carrier even after forwarding again, but he does get a short message immediately from me if I send it. Where would I find message size limitations? I went through most of my message settings and could not find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It should be in the Messaging apps settings.  Once a message gets to a certain length, it is converted to MMS because SMS does have a character limitation.