Question

samsung S22 ultra stopped working

• 2 November 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone have an issue with their phones after the October update? Mine will not connect to then network, drops service, does not have service for hours at a time, won't switch from cellular to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to cellular without me having to turn, my phone off multiple times. It was working fine until the update. All of my apps are updated and the software is the latest one. Also, my battery drains excessively fast now because it is always searching for service. places I used to have great coverage and service no longer works.

15 replies

I have the same issue. I’ve gone to the T-Mobile store; they couldn't fix it. Due to it working inside the store but once I left. I had the same problem. I still can't get service. This is why I'm here trying to figure out the issue. I even did a factory reset on my 22 Ultra; it never resolved the problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep. That's the same thing I did also. Now, I'm stuck with an intermittant device. 

I went to T-Mobile last night and had the Sim card replaced but 15 minutes later no luck. 

However, the rep said I could call the service or tech department at 611 if I have any more issues. However, I looked at her dumbfounded and confused because I told her "I have no service on my phone, and my phone is the issue." How are you gonna service my device when I can't use it or I'm using it to call you???

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have any of you tried a network reset and going as far as a factory set to see if either solves your issue?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Have not had any trouble with my unit

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried the network reset, master reset, new sim, esim, on phone with Tmobile and Samsung Tech Support for 90 minutes each and at the end of the day, I had to buy a new device because mine is :

1. Not purchased from T-Mobile so all they could do was offer me an upgrade and a credit on my bill for the time that I was not able to use my phone.
  2. 3 months out of warranty by Samsung, so all they could do was extend my warranty so I could send it in for diagnostic/service and check for phys/liquid damage but I would be without out a phone for “XX” number of days. If they found any damage, I would have to buy a new phone. So, I upgraded my device since I have missed so many business phone calls.

I shouldn’t have to do this since it was a manufacturer software update that caused the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I tried the network reset, master reset, new sim, esim, on phone with Tmobile and Samsung Tech Support for 90 minutes each and at the end of the day, I had to buy a new device because mine is :

1. Not purchased from T-Mobile so all they could do was offer me an upgrade and a credit on my bill for the time that I was not able to use my phone.
  2. 3 months out of warranty by Samsung, so all they could do was extend my warranty so I could send it in for diagnostic/service and check for phys/liquid damage but I would be without out a phone for “XX” number of days. If they found any damage, I would have to buy a new phone. So, I upgraded my device since I have missed so many business phone calls.

I shouldn’t have to do this since it was a manufacturer software update that caused the issue.

If it was caused by the update.  The forums here, XDA, and over at Samsung would be full of people complaining.  So far, yours is the only complaint I have seen.  

It is happening to me as well.  It really struggles to get cell service in areas where service is typical, drops the cell signal and then finds it again.  If my phone is on wifi it will drop all signal and stay that way in areas where there is plentiful 5G

Badge

I as well have been having limited to no cell coverage for the last several weeks, I've reset the phone, switched to a esim . I'll start with some 5gUC , then drop to lte, then to no bars , it's been since the October update for me as well. I'm frustrated as all get out. I'm hoping the new android update comes out asap to hopefully repair whatever it is. Service in my area generally is good 5GUC. I have a locked S22 ultra.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This looks to be a pretty random S22 deal..seeing it cropping up over on Verizons site as well..looks like Sammy has some fixes to kick out in the near future.

yall might pop over to the Samsung site and hit up their forums to see how many complaints are over there with this issue as well.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung/Calls-and-texts-seem-to-work-but-not-cellular-data-also-dead/m-p/1718939

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung/Data-Issues/m-p/1716610

just a couple of them..sounding familiar?

I'm having the same issues for the past month and I don't think the problem is with Tmobile I think the problem is with Samsung, they want to force you to have to update your phone so they can make money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I'm having the same issues for the past month and I don't think the problem is with Tmobile I think the problem is with Samsung, they want to force you to have to update your phone so they can make money.

dont think thats it either..the most current issue has cropped up with the S21, 22 and 23 after a security patch Samsung kicked out..this is affecting those on both ATT and V..as well as here..

Has any fixed this issue? I have an ultra 22 that was a legacy Verizon that is no longer connecting to T-mobile. I ran thru all the troubleshooting steps, ran a 5g Diagnostic and is fine. I can see the tower, but the phone say searching for network. Can’t receive calls/msg/data  , unless on WIFI. I am assuming its an update on Samsung, but its not easy to roll back codes. Is T-mobile working on a fix, as I assume its an authentication or security patch issue with the towers

Also have s22 ultra and same issue as you all. I wonder how soon this will be fixed

Just happened to me with the s22 two times and the s23 currently and had to replace the phone every time. 

Solution don't buy your phone from T-Mobile by directly from Samsung unlocked

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just happened to me with the s22 two times and the s23 currently and had to replace the phone every time. 

Solution don't buy your phone from T-Mobile by directly from Samsung unlocked

why? you’ll see others in here posting that are using former Verizon phones and or purchased directly from Samsung.. as well as the fact that i posted links from Verizons site showing the same exact issues..or is TMO at fault for their issues too?