Question

Slow notifications

• 26 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hope this is the right place.  I’m having trouble with slow notifications on my Samsung S21.

That is, . . .

Ring Security notifications can take as long as 15 minutes from time on device trigger to the time I get an audible notification on my phone,  Ring device hx show the correct time the device is triggered, but the notification is slow.

Microsoft Family Safety notifications can take as long as 30 minutes from time a destination is reached to the time I get an aubible notification on my phone,  Family safety Notification hx shows the correct time the device is triggered, but the notification is slow.

Life360 notifications have the same problem.  I’ve emailed Microsoft, Life360, Samsung, Ring.  3 of them note if the app notifications show the correct trigger time, but the audible notification on my phone is delayed, the problem is with my carrier (i.e., T-Mobile).

How do I eliminate the delay for audible notifications?

1 reply

Badge

Followup.

I’ve found when I’m home on wifi, I get instant notifications from apps tracking locations and from Ring.  When my phone is using T-Mobile plan, notifications are VERY slow - sometimes nonexistent.  At times, I’ll be out and get no notifications.  As soon as I pull in my driveway and connect to wifi, I can get up to 6 notifications in seconds.  Not always, but often.

Is this T-mobile or my phone?