Question

Spotty Service 98390

• 12 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

For the past two weeks, we’ve had limited service at our home address. I’ve been to the local store and they checked my settings and replaced SIM card. Called customer service and they “boosted” my signal from their end. Was told tower 85036 is malfunctioning. The tower is within line of sight of my home. We are unable to send texts, send or receive calls or use our data. Currently, to utilize our phones, we are required to leave our home and drive to a location with adequate service. Every once in a while we’ll pickup an LTE signal at home but normally it’s “E”. We’ve lived in the home for 23 years and have never had an issue with coverage.

I am wondering if anyone else has faced a tower performance issue and how long it took to resolve the problem? And, are others in my area experiencing performance issues? At this point, I’m not exactly sure what I’m paying for...

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

all depends..are they doing upgrades? are they repairing damaged/failed parts? are all said parts in stock? do they have them on hand and available? tons of possibilities. if theyre upgrading thats going to take a while with a bunch of back and forth testing before its fully lit back up..

To Whom It May Concern,

On numerous occasions, I have communicated with T-Mobile representatives by telephone and texting through the App, to your billing and later the help desk last week. Originally, I attempted to resolve the issue with my T-Mobile July bill. I had One Pass added to my service from mid-March through mid-June 2023 and I had no problems. I did not renew the One Pass for the next month because I had been previously informed that One Pass was only available for a maximum of three months and that I would not have to do anything to terminate One Pass because it would expire on its own. In July I received an extremely high bill for so-called roaming charges according to the representative. She said that I should have turned off the roaming of which I had not been informed but again was told that there was nothing for me to do. The representative also stated that the information that I had received was incorrect, and I do qualify to continue One Pass, so I added One Pass for another month. Once I got off the telephone with the representative, I began to experience various technical issues. I called back and was transferred to an expert in the technical department. However, his advice all, but total killed my telephone service. I later discovered that he did attempt to call me back, but the calls went directly to voicemail.

After several attempts to contact T-Mobile, I finally managed to contact another representative who informed me that my problem was not technical but rather my current plan. She said that my current plan was the problem and that I needed to be on the Magenta 55 Plan. She stated that the Magenta Plan would only cost twenty more dollars than my current plan and that Panama was included in the plan and that I would no longer need the Pass One Plan (or to pay an additional monthly $50.00), nor would I need to use roaming. Although I questioned her advice because my prior plan had worked for three months with no problems. She assured me that all I would have to do is hang up, turn the telephone off, then restart it and that would fix the problem. She also agreed that she would call me back in ten minutes. She never called me back and the telephone did not work. The next representative would not verify whether the prior information that I received was correct or not but stated that I should give the Magenta Plan more time to work otherwise there was nothing that she could do. 

I have waited the entire weekend and I cannot call out and only can receive calls, texts, emails, and internet if I turn on roaming. I have been continuously lied to and believe that your actions violated the Federal and State Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Although I was informed that I would receive service and not be charged for roaming, that does not appear to be the case. If you cannot correct the issue, please let me know because I am continuing to lose business daily. Please immediately return me to my original plan that I had before adding the Magenta 55 Plan as I weigh my options for future telephone service.

Again, I am emailing this complaint because I cannot make external telephone calls, not even to T-Mobile. Oh yes, I am still waiting for my many return telephone calls from T-Mobile representatives, a promised.

Respectfully Submitted,  

KVB

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to contact TMO either by calling in (tier 1 support) or by one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter (tier 2 support).

the site is peer to peer with a handful of admins/moderators to keep the site in order only..they do not have account access.

My problems are strictly with my 5g home internet in Millsboro DE, Cellphones work fine.

Have lost internet service many times since June, Just started with T-Mobile in Jan. 2023 and very unhappy with response,