Question

Switched From Family Plan to Individual and now constant No Service

• 6 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

After 12 years with T-Mobile with Family Share account, I had to get my own individual account so I decided to stay with T-Mobile.  It has been hell.  So far I spent over 12 hours talking to tech support, going to local store, Facebook messenger chat that went on over two days.  Nothing changed on my end, same house, same iPhone, same apps and Yet after switching to new individual account with T-Mobile who I have been with over 12 years, I keep getting one bar or No Service on my iPhone and they keep telling me to get the signal booster. 

Anyone experience this? any suggestions.  Again, nothing here changed on my iPhone device or my location, just account type.

2 replies

I had to restart my phone, sometimes had to do it 2-4 times before  getting signal.  Would always call and ask. Never got a straight answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Never got a straight answer.

You probably never will.  When you call … you get ‘Customer Care’ aka non technical, fishing for answers.  You can get a different answer depending on who answers the phone.  Advanced technical support is a ‘little’ better, and will do more than the ‘reboot your phone and I’ll send a network refresh’.  Unfortunately, they’re still not very technical, and can ‘help’ identify poor/weak areas, but that’s about it.