Question

t mobile home internet

• 3 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have had T mobile internet for about 2 months. 2 weeks ago both our phones and internet completely slowed down. Speed test averages like 10mbs or less. Spent hours on the phone with tech support and all I got was "we are upgrading a tower in your area, could be 30-60 days" doing research I found that this seems to be an issue and it wasn't resolved for months if at all for many people. Wondering if this is am issue with you all as well?

4 replies

Yes, we have had exactly the same issue.  I’m not buying 30-60 days for tower repair; they could put up a whole new tower in that length of time.  

I think this is the old-fashioned bait and switch.

Considering cancelling, but internet coverage is such a challenge in rural America.

Will consider reporting them to the better business bureau.

Just noticed signal strength last night and this morning going from good to weak sporadically creating intermittent internet access.  Tower is only a little over a mile away.  Have not called support yet.  Agree that internet coverage is a challenge in rural areas.  You either pay through the nose for direct cable access or you pay much less and suffer with cellular signals.  Annoying and frustrating.

We have only had T-Mobile Home Internet for a month. The service has worked well until today when suddenly noticeable lag time in loading or not all all. I reset our modem at least three times. And, for a few minutes, service is ok but then degrades. I have not yet contacted support. Hoping this problem will magically go away as I dread long and unfruitful tech calls.

I tried the 5g internet when it first started. It never worked and cancelled the service. I am giving it a new try today in hopes that it is better. This time I am getting service with 3 bars, but it seems to lag and slow. Tmobile customer service is a joke, they promise and never deliver, don’t waste your time. Its a good thing I kept my cable internet just in case. I will give it a try for a few days and post reults.