Question

T-Mobile Message "The phone that you are using does not allow outgoing calls."

• 26 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

After changing a few settings on my T-mobile plan (unblocking Spam), I cannot call out of my iPhone. The message that I hear is "The phone that you are using does not allow outgoing calls." The message that people here when they try to call me is, “At the subscriber’s request, they do not allow incoming calls.” Yes, I have rebooted my phone. Yes, my bill is up-to-date. I cannot call out using Wi-Fi calling either. I can text. My son, also on my account, is having no issue; he also has an iPhone. Anyone have a solution? I rechecked the setting that I change on the website earlier and nothing looks strange.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might opt to change back each setting one at a time until you figure out which one was the culprit

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

might opt to change back each setting one at a time until you figure out which one was the culprit

Did this suggestion solve your phone issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First: What model iPhone? Next: Are you on the T-Mobile network or roaming on another carrier’s signal? There are various settings that could mess things up so that the phone can’t call in or out. If all else fails, you could try a backup to iTunes and reset but this should be your last resort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @katmirwal Checking in on you. Have you been able to find what was causing the issue? It sounds like there may have been a call blocking feature added to the account when the spam blocking was removed. I would double check the account to make sure you don’t have any blocking features on your line. 

Let us know if you found what was going on so others know where to look if they see the same thing. 

Was this ever resolved? I’m having the same issue but I changed nothing on my phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried powering off your device for a minimum of 5minutes to allow it to refresh its connection to the T-Mobile Network?  

Lol obviously. T mobile’s customer service really sucks. No solutions. Try turning it off and on? Are we back in the 90’s?! Should I blow on it too? 

Hi Katmirwal, did youbsolve your issue? I have the same issue on my samsung phone. Any advise can be provided?