Question

T-Mobile Signal Issues In Syracuse, NY?

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I currently have a Nokia 5G Home Internet gateway (silver) and about a week ago, I noticed it would just lose signal randomly. At that point, it was dropping the 5G signal a couple times a day. Now, it happens 6-8 times a day and it lasts longer each time it goes out. 

I called T-Mobile Support and we went through the checklist to determine what could be wrong. They concluded it could be the gateway, since it was the original one that launched with T-Mobile Home Internet. They shipped me a new gateway and I hooked it up, with no issues for the first day. Now, this one is doing the exact same thing… and now I am noticing signal drops on my iPhone 13 Pro Max at the same time the gateway is losing service.

Do we have anyone in the Syracuse, NY area experiencing similar issues? I work from home and I’ve dropped business calls and even lost connection to meetings I was hosting. 

4 replies

Badge

I swear I must have written your post! Same exact thing here in Binghamton NY. Today it dropped 12 times. Friday was 14. Same response from customer service. The service is horrible! I am going with another provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I did try this out for a month … and even though service was LTE only here, I did often have the gateway ‘reboot’ or ‘reset’.  All devices lost WiFi a handful of times.  I then moved it and plugged into my personal router - still had similar issues.  Fortunately, I had kept my spectrum service, and switched back.

Seeing same issue Chittenango, NY noticed the same week this started a week ago men with a crane removing antennas and installing new ones on the tower that I hit.

Same issue in Albany. It was great for months and has been a disaster for a few weeks now. It makes working from home really difficult at times. I ordered Verizon 5G but they didn’t put my Apt number on the box so now it’s going back to them. Might just go back to Spectrum and pay more for reliable service.