Solved

Terrible Home Wifi Norman DONT RECOMMEND

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Anyone wanna explain how there are 4 towers in my vicinity yet my home wifi is to slow to even register on speed test. Barely loads safari homepage. I’ve called tech and they are absolutely no help. 

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 21 August 2023, 04:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d recommend checking a few items to debug first:

1. Use the T-Mobile app to determine what the service is like (Weak, Good, Very Good, Excellent)
  2. Use the ‘More → Advanced Metrics’ to determine which 4G LTE band and its signal strength you are connected to 
  3. Determine which band of 5G and its signal strength (if any)
  4. If any of these are less than ‘Good’, you may have a problem.
  5. This is difficult to determine, but using T-Mobile’s placement tool, determine the best location if needed (this may also help to determine which tower you’re connected to)
  6. If you’re bouncing between towers, .. its an issue, and location of the TMHI will need to be adjusted.  Also, not all of those towers will be pointing in your direction  If you can find the tower, ‘and’ signal is good on 4G LTE + 5G, then there may be a problem (congested tower?)
Badge

After getting off the phone with tech support it no longer will load google bc they did not like my choice of words for having to call for the 4th time in 2 days 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s an odd ‘non technical’ rationale.   This isn’t Siri complaining about language, unless they’ve replaced tech support with … Siri/Ai.

If tech support can’t give you a technical answer, escalate through BBB request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are they just cell towers youre pointing out or the TMO home net app is saying all 4 of those are home net towers?