Solved

Text messages not working between iphone and android

• 19 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Text messages between all my phones are not working properly . It seemed like my android could not get messages from iphones, but now when i get one I cannot reply. I spent an hour at a t-mobile store with two techs. They sent me to call 611. I was working with them over an hour and a half then they tried to transfer me to Samsung support . They were busy so I waited for them to call back but we got cut off. When I need to get a text from a bank to log in I have to reboot . We are having trouble with A71 5G, galaxy s8 an iphone xr.

icon

Best answer by alprosser19 19 August 2022, 21:10

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Turn off iMessages and use a SMS app and see if that works.

Badge +1

I don't have an iphone. My daughter does and uses sms. She does not get texts from us on the same account but does from some others. Everything worked for many months. One Samsung tech told me it was my sim card, another said to take my phones to a Samsung repair place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you search these forums you will find a lot of posts like yours but it's usually iMessages not sending to Android but maybe someone found another reason.

Badge +1

I think we got it fixed. No, it was not iMessages or anything related to it. We ended up for an hour at a t-mobile store and the local support person had to open a ticket with a tech who had us do a bunch of things from shutting down our phones while they did some network setting, deleting data, resetting location services. I don’t know what fixed it but the local guy stayed after work for half hour to get it sorted out. There were issues with our iPhone, Galaxy S8, and Galaxy A71 G5s.

Badge

I just upgraded from a Android to an Iphone 14 Plus. I can send text messages to Android users, but their response doesn’t come back to my Iphone. It comes into my old Android Device. I tried all the trouble shooting I could find online, as well as spent an hour with a Tmobile Tech person over the phone. There is no resolve at this point. I will now have to return this phone that I’ve fallen in love with because I am not going to have a phone that excludes people from communicating with me. I have 7 days to make a decision. I am furious about this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this has been an ongoing issue for years between Android and Apple devices across all carriers. i have only ran into this a a handful of times over the years.

Badge

I Solved my Android to iPhone upgrading messaging issue. I am putting this here incase this is helpful to anyone else. Even T-Mobile didn’t know this:

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Deregister your number from imessage if it's because you used to have an iPhone or whomever you're texting used to have an iPhone, have them deregister. 

Badge +1

iMessage was NOT the problem in our case. Noone used to have an iPhone. We were having trouble getting texts on our Androids and we never had iPhones on those numbers. Everything was working then suddenly stopped. Someone from T-mobile had to do something on their end. Several times. Nothing with iMessage.