Question

Text sending and call audio drop issues on Moto Edge 2023

• 6 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I have done some searching and found others with similar issues but none identical to mine so I am hoping to get some help. 

I recently switched from an older Moto phone to a Moto edge 2023.  I just moved the sim card over, no update to it.  The old phone also had 5g and the SIM card was current with that, but the new phone has 5g UC showing on the connection display as well. 

There are two symptoms I am having with the phone.  First, the audio on calls drops every so often for a few seconds, then picks back up.  This happens both on wifi calling and when I turn off wifi to continue the call on the network, but seems to be more frequent while on wifi.  This symptom was present on the old phone as well and I had hoped that a new phone would resolve it.

Second, sometimes when I send a text it says it was not sent and to delete or resend. I use the default messages app and have it set to turn on RCS chats but also to auto resend as SMS if it doesnt send.  The only way to get the message to send is if I put the phone into airplane mode and then back online again.  This trick works whether I am on wifi or not.  Just turning off wifi, restarting, etc will not allow the texts to send but 100% of the time they will send after that airplane mode trick.  

I am hoping that my resolution is as simple as a new SIM card, but wanted to check here for any other ideas before I do that.  

Thanks in advance for your help solving these two problems! 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!