Question

Texting issues, trouble sending

• 23 September 2023
  • 15 replies

Badge

So has anyone else had problems with texting messages not going out?  It randomly about once or sometimes twice a week, won’t send out texts and just says “trouble sending, see options” under the text I just tried to send out.  It’s very irritating and happens at least once a week.  I reset and I played witht he RCS and it’s weird because I can send GIFs but not texts, the phone  works fine and I have called and called about it.  I NEVER had this problem till I switched to TMobile.  Any ideas or similar issue anyone? If it matters I have a motorola edge 2022 and I have the magenta plan.  I’m new here s if it takes me a minute to find any responses, I apologize ahead of time lol.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried turning off the RCS to see if that helps?

I was having some issues with it on my Pixel 6 and turned it off. I bought a Pixel 7 and I'm using it with no issues.

Badge

Yes, thank you, after about six calls to T-Mobile customer care, finally one gentleman told me about the RCS needed to be off, I never knew that before and it worked for a week and then the same problem.  I wish that was it.  I reset the WiFI,mobile & Bluetooth reset option every time, I also double check to make sure in case somehow the RCS got turned on, I toggle back and worth in airplane mode and restart my phone.  Then I pray it starts to work again.  After I learned I could send gifs, I’d do that a couple times and once that's what seemed to make it work again is if I sent out a gif first, weird right?  I’m sure that’s not it at all and I am missing something.  Thanks for advice.  Your answer for that was much much faster than customer care who I am on hold right now for. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Back when I started using sms I was told if you had issues with sms to text yourself but Mobile quietly disabled that function.

How do you turn RCS off? I have a REVVL6

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

within settings. i have the LG V60 using Googles Messages and the option is top right to settings and then at the top for me shows RCS chats.

with that being said though does the issue happen while connected to wifi, regular mobile data or both? and is it an issue in one general area or everywhere you go? and was the phone purchased from TMO or brought over from another carrier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The latest version of Google Messages has not fixed the issue with RCS yet.  I have reported it and this is the first time that there hasn't been an update within 2 days for the beta app.  Hopefully that means they are working on it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i havent ran into any issues on my end with RCS. at least nothing that has been mentioned to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

From what I have seen with the current beta of Google Messages.  It's pretty random.  Sometimes it happens with pictures, sometimes with texts, but nothing consistent either way.  The two betas before this one were actually working great on Samsung's Android 14/OneUI 6 beta 7. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ah so different texting app since its a Beta or same one but you must opt into it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

ah so different texting app since its a Beta or same one but you must opt into it?

You have to opt into.  It is usually used to quickly resolve issues within the current main build.  Just gives a better dialog between the user and Google for feedback with some release notes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ah. yeah i tend to pass on being a guinea pig lol.

or at least not with something i use a ton per day..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So many people use it.  I hate Google Messages but at least they fixed the one major issue that annoyed me with it.  With the Android 14/OneUI 6 beta.  A lot of people are using Google Messages so it helps to run it, even though I wouldn’t normally use it just to help people troubleshoot their issues and to recommend the beta when I don’t have their issues.  I thrive on being the guinea pig because by the time it’s released and issues pop up.  I almost always have encountered them, resolved them, or have an ETA on when they should be fixed.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats the weird part..i have zero issues with GM. even with 14

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

thats the weird part..i have zero issues with GM. even with 14

Must be different for the Pixels versus the Samsung's, at least currently.  Android 14 isn't official yet for Samsung's.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i still have the V60 lol. LG might be gone but man they did some stellar work making sure the V60 got 14 and wasnt plagued with bugs lol.