Solved

Tmobile is the worst carrier

• 30 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have been with Sprint since 1997 same mobile # since the day I started my service. I never had any issues. Great customer service, excellent all the way around. Tmobile merge was the biggest rip-off ever! I have no service in my community and have to drive out of the area to use my phone. I have contact them on multiple occasions with no recourse. I filed a complaint with BBB and finally got a call back. The suggested offer was a joke. They said I needed to buy a new phone a Tmobile phone, because they're only on 5G. They said my Sprint phone isn't compatible with Tmobile. My phone works away from home, yet they say the area I live in has good coverage. All I get is a bunch of nonsense excuses and no resolution. You can't even take your phone for repairs because Tmobile has stopped instore repairs. You have to file a claim and mail your phone in for rapairs or replacement. 

Tmobile is the biggest rip-off ever! 

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 30 May 2023, 05:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Unless you live up in the northern states, I'm doubtful that service is only 5g.  It is possible that TMobile has b12/b71 lte, (low band, longer range) and your phone may not support it.  If I knew roughly the area, it could be verified on cellmapper.net

As an FYI, this is a customer board, few tmobile support, and I rant on them as well for rural coverage

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sadly as part of the deal in some areas T-Mobile had to give up spectrum licensing to make it happen.  You could be in one of those areas that may be affected.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Just because you have service in another area doesn’t mean the same bands for service are rolled out everywhere.  Your Sprint device might not have a band, like band 71, that might be deployed where you are.  Have you considered purchasing a new device to see if your service works better with it than your current device?  You would have a 14 day buyers remorse window to return the device with only a restocking fee if it doesn’t.  Sprint was also a CDMA carrier so it is possible that band 25 or 41 that you had service on before has now been converted over to GSM and not compatible with your current device.  

We have 3 lines. All are 5G compatible and live in very urban areas of Chicago and Nashville. Our service has been horrible for months now. We have kept up with updates and continue to have very poor service. While out of town in rural WI it was the worst. I know if I contact Customer Service, they are simply going to tell me to upgrade our devices (all 1 yr old or less) and restart a new contract. Such a racket!! Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We have 3 lines. All are 5G compatible and live in very urban areas of Chicago and Nashville. Our service has been horrible for months now. We have kept up with updates and continue to have very poor service. While out of town in rural WI it was the worst. I know if I contact Customer Service, they are simply going to tell me to upgrade our devices (all 1 yr old or less) and restart a new contract. Such a racket!! Any suggestions?

You don't have to buy a device on an EIP, which would tie you to a contract.  You could buy your device outright with no contract.

Badge

Tmobile merge was not the greatest idea. I don't think the company was upfront about transparency. Never once mentioned we had to upgrade our devices, regardless if they're new or under a year old. The service is terrible! Customer service is useless nor is there any recourse. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Tmobile merge was not the greatest idea. I don't think the company was upfront about transparency. Never once mentioned we had to upgrade our devices, regardless if they're new or under a year old. The service is terrible! Customer service is useless nor is there any recourse. 

Try to remember that Sprint was literally bankrupt.  If it wasn't for T-Mobile, Sprint shutting down that way would have been a lot worse for Sprint employees and customers.