Question

what 5g Low Band Freqs are on the Galaxy s23 ultra and s-22 Ultra ?

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have two Samsung Note 8 phones and want to upgrade to thenewer 5g capable  s23 Ultra (in Jan or Feb) or the s22 Ultra right away.  I realize the current s22 Ultra has most 5G freqs, but that TMOBILE is adding a brand new low band 2.4 or 2.5 5g freq soon.

We dont want to but 2 new phones that do not have ALL the 5G freqs. So the question is:

will the new s23 Ultra phones coming out in Jan or Feb have ANY ADDITIONAL 5G Freqs that the CURRENT 2022 S22 Ultras DO NOT HAVE ?

We would appreciate comments from anyone that may have some insight on this new low band freq as it applioes to Samgung phones

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As far as I am aware, being a bit of a cell fanatic.  No new band deployments outside of what T-Mobile already has are planned.  The Sprint side of things was mid-band and should mostly be converted from CDMA.  In terms of the available bands for the S23 Ultra.  Outside of the possible connection to satellite services for areas with no service, which might not even make it into the S23's.  The modem/radio shouldn't differ by much outside of the performance from the newer hardware, which will probably not be that noticeable depending on how you use your device.  The S23's are worth the wait over the S22's in my opinion though.  The S23's should be launching mid-February with a carrier launch at the beginning of March by current projections.

Tengo problemas con mi celular hay otra persona l tiene acceso  a mi celular y no se co.o litarlode mi cuenta

Badge

Thank you for that information. We currently have two NOTE 8 64GB phones, and Even with a 128GB SD Card to hold some programs, many of them stay OPEN after use, filling up the RAM Memory and using caches on the internal drive as an alternative.  We always Clear our Memory several times a day, but the internal drive usually remains at about 62GB.   We will be very glad to upgrade for S23 Ultras with 12GB Ram and 512GB Internal

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Definitely looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy s23’s being shown off on February 1st with pre-orders starting hopefully soon after.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you for that information. We currently have two NOTE 8 64GB phones, and Even with a 128GB SD Card to hold some programs, many of them stay OPEN after use, filling up the RAM Memory and using caches on the internal drive as an alternative.  We always Clear our Memory several times a day, but the internal drive usually remains at about 62GB.   We will be very glad to upgrade for S23 Ultras with 12GB Ram and 512GB Internal

which apps are they? i have a couple that act up like that and usually when im done i do an app clear for all my recent apps. shuts them right down.