Question

What services does "Planned tower maintenance" impact?

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

So I get this email saying “Planned tower maintenance” scheduled in my area, and when I click “Get more info” the resulting T-Mobile web page tells me to enable Wi-Fi calling on my phone to ensure service availability.
The issue is...I have T-Mobile Internet as well as mobile phone service tied to those towers and nowhere does it mention if my Internet service will be impacted!  It seems to be a generic message for mobile service customers and not those whose ability to use Wi-Fi calling would be impacted by tower maintenance because they have T-Mobile Internet.

Does anyone here know if I am just entirely disconnected when they perform the maintenance because I have both services through T-Mobile??

Lou

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

disconnected doubtful..you should still be connected one way or another..the problem that you’ll more than likely see is whatever tower youre connecting to will be over capacity with people..figure a 6 lane highway bottled down to 2 lanes..whole lot of stack up.

as for if it’ll affect home net as well im not fully sure how they handle that one.