Question

Why does internet suck

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

We got the home internet not super long ago, and while it was great to begin with, it’s now becoming more of a hassle. I’m always having to turn the wifi on my phone off and use my data (thank you unlimited), because the internet is so slow or is always buffering. I can’t anymore with this. It’s becoming a problem. We’ve turned the router off for a while and turned it back on, but it’s not any faster and doesn’t stop buffering. It’s like only one of our devices can use the internet at once.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I got it about a  bit more that a year ago (was only LTE locally, but $25/month).

After 3 months, 5G came in, and speeds were ~350-450 down / 20Mbps , a bit better on download with open door (400-500/60Mbps ).  

Yesterday, I went to T-Mobile and swapped out the Arcadyan KVD-21 for the newer white model.

Downloads are ‘similar’, signal is cleaner (better RSSI/RSRP and slightly bettern SINR).

This gives me ~420/50Mbps, and with door open, +550/75Mbps.  

Note:  Tower is only ~1200’ away, but has a physical cap of ~750Mbps download. and the ‘home’ screen shows ‘Excellent’ (a first for indoors/door open).  

Also, recommend not using 2.4GHz band on WiFi, found it to be typically slower (interference from others nearby).