Question

why does T-Mobile suck

Userlevel 3
Badge

T-Mobile lied about the rebates to switch over.  So I got screwed paying hundreds of dollars to Verizon.  The lied about service at my employer.  Map shws 5g and there is no service.  They then said the tower was down from an ice storm.  They then said it would be fixed in 24 hours they have been dispatched to the tower. Then I was told there is no tower in the area.  It is served from a tower 15 miles away. Now service at my home three lines and the home internet keeps showing LTE to 5G to 5GUC to no signal.  This is in a 5 minute time frame.  I'm told there is no issues and to reset the network function on my phone.  This will fix all the lines somehow.  I want my money and I want your customer service to stop lying to me.  Fix you crap and  give me my money 

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If the service doesn't work where you need it...find a service that does. 

So disgusted with the customer service. My wife upgraded her phone 18 months ago and has had trouble with the phone since day one. It drops calls, cuts out in mid sentence, fails to ring when you call it 5 feet away. We have been to Tmobile store over and over and get the same BS every time. They reboot it they change the sim card they reboot it on and on. Then they send you to Apple and Apple says it’s a Tmobile problem and Tmobile says it’s an Apple problem. For a few bucks they could replace the phone and be done with it, but nobody will take responsibility. Actually had an apple “Genius” say it was the particular phone number. This goof ball said that certain phone numbers won’t work with certain mobile carriers. Should have seen his face when I pointed out that this was the fourth phone my wife has had with the same number and every phone worked fine except this particular phone which has had issues from day one. Apple sucks and Tmobile sucks, not because there is an issue with a product, those things happen, but when they absolutely refuse to stand behind their product and then send you emails telling you what a valuable customer you are you just want to let the world know how truly bad they are. We have apple care and that is a waste of money because they find loop hole after loop hole to tell you they can’t replace the phone. I just can’t say it strongly enough neither of these companies  deserve your business. If I can convince 20 people to drop Tmobile then I figure that will be just compensation for this crappy phone. Maybe they will figure out that replacing a faulty phone is better than messing people around to save a buck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In theory, you could go to the T-Mobile store and request a ‘warranty exchange’ - this would effectively fix any actual device issue.  

“In Theory” is correct because they simply refuse to admit that there is anything wrong with the phone and will not exchange it. We get the same story every time. “If this doesn’t work we will exchange the phone”. Then it doesn’t work and we get the same line again. It is a complete run around, and for WHAT a stinking phone that would probably cost Tmobile a couple hundred bucks to replace, if that.  We have been with Tmobile for a number of years and have bought a number of phones including grand kids etc. Never had a complaint about a phone until this particular phone and they treat you as if you are just too stupid to use it correctly. “have you updated it, you know you have to update them on a regular basis”. “Are you sure you were just not out of area, maybe there is a spot in your back yard that has an interference problem” Blah blah blah. As I was typing my post yesterday my wife was once again at the apple store and was told that they had rebooted the phone and everything would be just fine. Same story we have received about six times in the last 18 months. But hey I console myself knowing I am a valuable customer of Tmobile. But not for long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Time for you to file a BBB complaint and have someone in actual T-Mobile management get involved.  T-Mobile _really_ doesn’t like BBB complaints.

In a way I am convinced that management is involved, I suspect these young people working in the Tmobile stores would be happy to just exchange the phone and move on, but, something is stopping them. In my opinion it is senior management trying to control cost without thinking about the effect it has on the companies reputation. So they tell the local store employees to try everything under the sun to avoid simply replacing a bad phone. In the world we live in today, when every company knows more about you than you know about yourself it should be easy to determine that we have never tried to scam the company out of a phone, we pay our bill on time we upgrade regularly, we just have a problem with this particular phone. We are in the words of Tmobile, “valuable customers”, and yet obviously we are not valued at all. I will check into the BBB complaint thing. Thanks for the advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

TBH, I warranty exchanged my One Plus 8 … 3x due to One Plus ‘bug’ introduced when they force upgraded the Android version, and effectively broke Bluetooth pairing for my vehicle.  After each one force updated, BT broke and wouldn’t pair.  After the 4th, they swapped for a Samsung S21.

This was done through escalation at BBB.

Badge

I switched from at&t to tmobile seven years ago because I could not get a signal at my new home with my at*t phone. Tmobile assured me that I was within their coverage area. Nope. Received two new phones, one for me and one for the wife and from day one we’ve never been able to get even one bar outside or inside our home. Their solution was to send me a cell booster. The problem with that is it is connected to the Internet so if your Internet goes out (which is quite often around here) then you are just sol. The other issue is the cell booster is one big pita trying to get it back up and running after an Internet outage or a power outage. In seven years I bet I have contacted tmobile support a million times. Two days ago I contacted them again and they connected me with a “supervisor” who rather bluntly told me there’s nothing they can do. Period. Hogwash!! And it’s not like any of the other carriers are any better or I would have already switched. This time is different. That snotty attitude from this “supervisor” really set me off. Now watch them try to jack me up with all kinds of different “fees” when I try to switch. I just don’t get it. They don’t even try to be helpful or friendly. It’s like having cell service through the mafia.

angrymichagn you are so full of crap..

Verizon is the chit company not TMOBILE…

TMOBILE is out to klean up after the trash left behind from VERIZON.

so get it ritel

VERIZON SUCKS.

TMOBILE is 1 herelll