Question

Why is T-Mobile internet so bad here in America.

• 2 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

My coverage has always been impeccable in Germany. Why does it suck so bad, here. Every day my internet goes out. Why am I paying ridiculous phone and internet prices for such crappy coverage?

Does anyone know why they cut off internet service? It’s not my device location, my router never moves and I always have the same connected status, just randomly no internet. Same with my phone.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's all location. You can't compare coverage in Germany compared to the USA because you need less towers to cover Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is your device from the U.S or from Germany? might not have all the bands of LTE that are used here in the states.

Badge

I have been using T Mobile internet for last 2 months. Here are my experiences

1. I use internet for work, video calls, streaming and live tv 
  2. Main issues are a) We suddenly loose service for a minute 2. It was happening between 10:30am and 12 noon but recently it also happened in the evening
  3. For example, we lost connection during the NFC game over the weekend for about 5 minutes; that was a bummer
  4. At times, during video call, the internet will be noticeably slow
  5. You need to do something soon to resolve these issues before I switch and others start to switch
  6. Saw the recent negative ad from Xfinity and my wife and were able to relate to it.

Please look into it.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have been using T Mobile internet for last 2 months. Here are my experiences

1. I use internet for work, video calls, streaming and live tv 
  2. Main issues are a) We suddenly loose service for a minute 2. It was happening between 10:30am and 12 noon but recently it also happened in the evening
  3. For example, we lost connection during the NFC game over the weekend for about 5 minutes; that was a bummer
  4. At times, during video call, the internet will be noticeably slow
  5. You need to do something soon to resolve these issues before I switch and others start to switch
  6. Saw the recent negative ad from Xfinity and my wife and were able to relate to it.

Please look into it.  Thanks

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you can try using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to voice your concerns.

Badge

I have the same issues here in Vero Beach Florida. My gateway reports a “good” signal (3bars) consistently, but the actual internet feed comes and goes, verified by a speed test. Very frustrating. I’ve called support multiple times and they say it’s a tower issue sand thst it’s bring worked on. Have heard them say this for the last year now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Its the low priority that is put on data from the home internet.  Ive tried it out in a few locations, and it doesnt hold a candle to smart phones.  

Badge

T-mobile has had remarkable uptime in my area, and faster speeds and coverage than ATT and Verizon. I doubt this to be a systematic issue as you allege in your post.

You may be experiencing a technical issue, or using the home internet outside of an approved coverage area. I would suggest you call into the T-Mobile Home internet customer services for technical support and diagnostic to ensure your unit/local tower are operating as expected.

T-Mobile Home Internet Sales Support: 1-855-209-2629

T-Mobile Home Internet Tech Support: 1-855-545-4614

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/contact-us