Question

widespread power outage resuting in spotty cell tower connection

• 8 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

We have had a wide spread power outage here that caused the cell tower we connect to be very spotty with almost no internet for our phones and almost none for our T-Mobile Gateway. That was understandable since the cell tower was also not getting power. Now that the power has returned, we are getting internet with a weak gateway connection when before the outage, we were getting a very good connection. Mostly, I would hope that I can get a message out that the tower needs a maintenance check up.

3 replies

my download speed for hours has been more than dismal. The upload speeds fair much much better. However, I can barely navigate simple sites. I am in SoCal. It certainly seems this is major issue as I have had “hiccups” with super slow speeds but in minutes things returned to acceptable speeds. I am sure what is more disappointing - this issue or that T-Mobile has not broadcasted the issue for all so they wont try all sorts of fixes that are not needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I haven't noticed any issues in SoCal with wifi home internet or cell

I haven't noticed any issues in SoCal with wifi home internet or cell

Good to hear (for you). I was on the line with T-Mobile and the guy helping out and following up got the same numbers I was pulling up and may be related to some key towers. Enjoy your speed, maybe I’ll catch up soon, hopefully.