Solved

You are not allowed to make calls at this time

• 26 August 2018
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 5

Whenever I attempt to make a phone call to contacts or any random number I get a instant notification from T-Mobile saying that

You are not able to make calls at this time.  always allowed numbers can be reached .

What fresh heck is this?

Oddly enough I can call T-Mobile and the other line on my account works fine and I can text with no problem both on Wi-Fi and LTE so it seems Wi-Fi calling does nothing to help or hinder. Network settings have not changed.

icon

Best answer by snn555 26 August 2018, 19:35

View original

39 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there! Do you happen to have the Netflix on Us active on your account?  It comes with Family Allowances and can sometimes (for lack of a better term) glitch and cause an error with calls as though you have numbers blocked.  The solution that I've found has been to reach out to care (either by 611, Message Us, or T-Force) and have them remove the feature, reboot your phone, add the feature back, reboot again.  Everything should work fine after that! 😀

Userlevel 5

SIM card failed on me.  Had a few backup SIM cards. Problem solved.

Could have been an account error or SIM number issue, but replacing the SIM with a new or reactivated card fixed it.

I'm on an old T-Mobile one promo plan and there was no reason for any family allowances or restrictions on either line.  since everything worked yesterday and did not today and no account changes were made it stood to reason that the SIM card was the issue.

however that does bring me to the subject of T-Mobile team of experts and the lack of knowledge thereof.

my area is serviced by a 40-person team 3 hours away where only two of them work on the chatline weekly. I have had The Misfortune three times to get the same person who knows nothing of TMobile. Unfortunately in this case you cannot just request another team member.

I will say I was not bounced around however I did need to be bounced around considering the representative I was working with had no idea what I was talking about.

Luckily I was savy enough to call in to 611 to have another sim card reactivated by number. Of course it was like a goat rope and trying to get the representative to understand what I was doing and why I was requesting it. However in the long run I figured it out and eventually they did what I asked them to do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Gosh, I'm sorry you had to go through such a debacle! I'm really glad you had a spare SIM to quickly resolve the issue .

Call 611 and ask them to check your CAMEL settings in Grand Central. Should be set to None.

Badge +1

Care to explain exactly what that means?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Customized Applications for Mobile networks Enhanced Logic - Wikipedia

Userlevel 5

Not many camels where I come from. Nor train stations.

No but seriously, the problem was the SIM card.

Thank you for this!  T-Force and the reps at my local store couldn't figure out what was wrong, but your advice fixed the issue. 😊

Well, had the same problem "You are not able to make calls at this time.  always allowed numbers can be reached the fix was a bug in THE FREE NETFLIX

the family wallet in Netflix once they canceled Netflix account I was able to make phone calls, they try to put Netflix back I couldn't make phone calls.

Th h

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

So odd! Normally there isn't a problem when Netflix is re-added! You may want to reach out for a new SIM like recommended above?

Maybe, but wasn't able to make phone calls or text with a new sim card

installed by Tmobile store. A phone to tech support find Netflix problem.

Disabled Netflix phone works, add free Netflix again phone stop working.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hmm... Did your Tech Expert file a trouble ticket?  You may want to reach out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter, I've had some pretty complicated issues before and they were able to sort everything out.

Yes, they open a trouble ticket it will take 3 business days for teams to

review .I couldn't stay without phone that long so I went to my local

Tmobile store . A call made by Tmobile store rep find Netflix family wallet

is doing the bug

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

The only thing I could think of would be if you had Family Allowances on the account WITH the Netflix feature.  I'd definitely have the Netflix removed and check your add-ons via the my.t-mobile.com website.

That's what it's. the moment I add on families allowance . When the

cancel Netflix my phone works right away

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I'm sorry, are you saying that you already had the Family Allowance feature before you added the Netflix?  The Netflix feature includes FA so if you already had it, there may be a conflict. 

I changed my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 from Verizon to Tmobile 1 hour later I

went home sign in to Netflix my phone stop working ....

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

This is because of the actual feature that was added to the account, on your bill it will look like

Netflix Prem. $13.99 w/ Fam Allowance, ($19 value).

(Your mileage may vary based on the particular Netflix package you have)

It's this feature that's causing the issue, not when you signed up for the service on the Netflix website.

I still go back to if you are still having the issue, I'd explore getting a new SIM card.

I do care to have my phone work on my first day with Tmobile I do not care

about free Netflix or family allowance that stop my service . My phone is

working now without Netflix end of discussion.

I had the exact same issue and it was because we had Netflix active on our T-mobile One Plan before and just removed it on t-mobile.com. I was able to fix it solely using the web portal after you log in t-mobile.com.

After you log into your account, click "Contact Us" on the top navigation. And under "Plans & Usage", click "Add family allowances". As the account own, you need to check "Family Allowances". As what other said, this could be a bug from t-mobile that when you remove the Netflix service from your account you also remove this "Family Allowances" feature as well. Apparently without this, you can't make calls.

Had the same issue for 3 days. switched SIM cards and that did not work. On the line with T-Mobile “expert” 2 times for about 1-2 hours each, they could not figure it out. 
Netflix??? Why would Netflix have anything to do with it? 
Anyways here was my solution: on safari go to T-Mobile.com and log in with the master account holder who was my wife’s line. Then I went to Family allowances. It took me to family controls and clicked family allowances again. Then under, select line to manage: I chose my line. Then phone status was on, so I turned it off and back on again. After that I went to Grant User full access and activated full access on my line.

I can finally receive and make calls after 3 days!

And didn’t have to cancel my free Netflix! 
A ticket with T-Mobile “engineers” is still open and they were no help.  Good luck

We just had this issue too. How come the engineering team hasn’t fixed this. Clearly looks like a race condition of some sort and it’s extremely frustrating since we had 3 lines fail initially and then another one after the 3 started working again for a total of 2-3 different days of our lines not working. Could we escalate this? I’ve never had an issue with Tmobile until now and this is extremely frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We just had this issue too. How come the engineering team hasn’t fixed this. Clearly looks like a race condition of some sort and it’s extremely frustrating since we had 3 lines fail initially and then another one after the 3 started working again for a total of 2-3 different days of our lines not working. Could we escalate this? I’ve never had an issue with Tmobile until now and this is extremely frustrating. 

you can but to escalate this you will need to contact TMO either through calling or the preferred method would be through Facebook or Twitter..no agents in here to assist with things like this.

only time i have had that type of notification was when a tower went down further out and the tower i connect to ended up WAY over capacity with people and it had to keep bumping people.

I had the same issue with one of my new lines. I could not make / receive calls once I ported a number to my line.  Spent 4-5 hrs for the past 3 days with different techs and none could figure out. They were saying it’s a problem with the phone and so on and no one could understand the fact that the sim is registered and it’s just the calls don’t go through. I could even send and receive txt and data with no issues. 

Thanks to this post I finally landed here and tried the steps 

1. Replaced the sim - That did not help
  2. Logged into T-mobile.COm and removed Netflix add on
  3. i was able to make and receive calls
  4. added the Netflix plan back - still able to make and receive calls 

toggling the Netflix add on fixed the problem. Looks like there is bug which they need to fix but no one in customer care knows about it. 

Hey there! Do you happen to have the Netflix on Us active on your account?  It comes with Family Allowances and can sometimes (for lack of a better term) glitch and cause an error with calls as though you have numbers blocked.  The solution that I've found has been to reach out to care (either by 611, Message Us, or T-Force) and have them remove the feature, reboot your phone, add the feature back, reboot again.  Everything should work fine after that! 😀

Thanks 🙏 so much this really helped me out . I was not able to make and receive calls . When I tried calling out it would say “ Only always allowed numbers can make calls.”   I did exactly what you said and now my phone is working again ! Thanks again !