Solved

Android 12 Oxygen 12 updated for OnePlus 9 Pro has MAJOR BUGS & ISSUES!!!!!!

Show first post

72 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

TMO has very little to do with updates..especially security patches..

Are you sure? I thought they built their own ROM’s based on Android...the reason why it’s also difficult to patch & update anything with T-Mo’s version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Google kicks updates to manufacturers..manufacturers mess with it to make them compatible with their devices..been this way since day one pretty much...carriers dont want anything to do with security patches because..

A-they cover the reception side of things..

B-they dont want to be the reason the security patch doesnt work

C-they’ll test them but anything ran into reception wise they’ll kick feedback to the manufacturer and then the wash/rinse/repeat fixing then testing then either giving the ok to kick it out or hold off and fix the remaining issues.

heck its the same for OS updates as well..the carrier will test them but the mass majority of any fixes or adjustments is on the manufacturers side. same goes for the other carriers...so figure each OEM must make a carrier variant for each carrier out there.

HTC has been gone in the wind however this still gives the run down that every manufacturer does when it comes to OS updates start to finish..

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

so when people are saying “ (insert carrier here) kicked out the update..why hasnt TMO? whelp...that carrier was able to finish theirs with less issues to fix before the TMO variant did..or vise versa..whomever gets a working variant first gets to kick it out first. if in this case OP kept running into issues with Verizons variants but things went semi smoothly for TMOs..then they’ll kick out TMOs first..

carriers will have things they want added in though..which is usually where said delays come in due to trying to make it compatible without screwing anything up.

i can say the issue yall were having was due to a compatibility issue between 12 and from what i was told one specific ability on the OP devices..im unable to say what said ability was however if this security patch actually fixed it then im wondering if they either turned said ability off to correct this or if they actually fixed it fixed it..

Userlevel 1
Badge

OTA Android security patch upgraded to September, 2022: LE2127_11_C.20

Have installed. Checking to see how my branded TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro functions at this point.

Keep bumping this thread, this needs to be fixed. I’ve reset my phone 6 times today and its 2pm.

I too had the issues with the fingerprint reader going out my One Plus 9 Pro 5G. According to a reddit post (dont have the link) the error is triggered by “Video motion enhancement” in the display settings  being set to ON. So, if you watch a youtube video in landscape and lock the phone using power button it will glitch and render the fingerprint reader useless. Only a reboot clears up the problem.

So my solution was: Settings, Display & Brightness, Video motion enhancement, Select OFF” hope this helps. and yes as of 8/9/2022 i got Android update from Tmobile with July security update (LE2127_11_C.19), tested to see if they had fixed this fingerprint glitch, and it is NOT FIXED. --no telling when we are getting the next update.

I tried your recommendation and it's working as you experienced. It's a fair trade off not having video motion enhancement turned -off-, I agree that it could be a couple of os & security patch updates before that bug is fixed. Thanks for the advice.

no problem, glad I could help someone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All issues present in all versions of the Android 12 firmware for all OnePlus devices.  The code base merger with Oppo that will be abandoned with Android 13 will be the fix.  Until then, use the MSM Tool to rollback to Android 11 and disable automatic updates.  It will wipe your device!  There is a  rollback package that will also wipe your device, but it is much less reliable for some reason so using the MSM Tool will achieve the cleanest out of the box experience.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so OP confirmed today that theyre aware of the issues with both the fingerprint scanner and the auto brightness deal..there will be a MR kicked out in the near future to fix both of these..

funny part is they recommended the same deal yall already did as a work around with turning off the video motion enhancement and then restarting it lol.

day late and a dollar short there op lol.

scratch that..their only additional add on was after switching off the video motion enhancement they said to restart the phone….im guessing the restart refreshes all the connections and settings.

Also having this issue. Phone will go to maximum brightness until I restart my phone, user input has no control. Phone will lag horribly and sometimes certain parts(or entirely, when trying to enter lock screen password [no fingerprint], which happens way more often) of the screen will turn black and user input is still received. When recording screen of these issues, it does not get registered when look at the videos again. It's horribly often. It often makes the phone unusable until I restart it.

Edit: Area for fingerprint is whited out. A pure white circle with no animation.

This is 100% the issues I have been experiencing as well. Unusable is accurate description 👌 

C. 18 update has massive bugs with display. If I play hdr video it breaks my fingerprint, and puts display to 100% brightness can't change it, flickering, stuttering. Very scary to see almost looks like hardware issue but only appeared after update. This can't be good for the display!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Carriers don't develop updates for devices, so going to the manufacturer is always your best bet for feedback and reporting issues.

Also having this exact issue. I've figured out how to work around the brightness issue by leaving my phone locked until it corrects itself but it still does it constantly and all that helps is me not having to restart my phone every 20 minutes. Sometimes I cannot even unlock my phone and it has been a major issue recently when I've needed my gps and my phone was so bugged it wasn't opening. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

C. 18 update has massive bugs with display. If I play hdr video it breaks my fingerprint, and puts display to 100% brightness can't change it, flickering, stuttering. Very scary to see almost looks like hardware issue but only appeared after update. This can't be good for the display!! 

Yep.

I created my own thread but the only way I’ve found to fix this issue is wipe to factory default BUT you cannot enable fingerprint or any biometrics. Only pins.

So since I’ve had enough, I finally was able to figure out a way to get the unlock PIN to request OnePlus to send me the unlock code so I can just void the warranty (which is a joke anyway) and upload my own custom ROM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

has anyone tried booting the phone into safe mode to see if things level out or not? and i cant remember if it was mentioned by anyone..but has anyone attempted a FR to see if it fixes the issues or if they continue?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I wrote a discussion earlier but you have to go without fingerprint and face lock/unlock unfortunately. This is AFTER wiping the phone to factory setting and it was still causing issues so once the biometrics were disabled and disabled most apps I don’t use, things are back to normal for now. You’ll just have to unlock with the pin pad if you want to keep your phone locked.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey guys:

The long and the short is I've been experiencing all the aforementioned issues with my branded TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro just like everyone else on this thread - and I went so far as to perform a hard reset of my phone. But…

I just downloaded and installed the July security patch (version:LE2127_11_C.19) and it seems to have resolved all issues. Granted it's only been 15 minutes so far so fingers crossed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The plus side of factory reset is, it seems to run smoother other than utter incompetence by T-Mobile to acknowledge and give us any information on future updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they dont have any info until OP in this case gives it to them..and even then the only thing you’ll get info wise will be posted in here..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

and even that info will be bare minimum..no agents in here to acknodledge anything..or give out info pertaining to updates.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay, watching YouTube just broke everything once and again - fingerprint, brightness, etc. So I've restarted the phone and it seems to be running stable. I guess for the time being no YouTube but the trade off is a phone that functions?

Yeah, it's a crappy trade off for a $1k device (when I bought it last year). I've been a OnePlus user for 4 years, this is the first time I've been contemplating a Google 6 pro or .... Ugh hate to say it.... Samsung G series.... Smartphone for non techies.... But at least their os and updates are more consistent and stable..... I digress 

I got sick of all of this and converted to global firmware. Much happier. This is my first carrier branded device bought outright and its been a disaster till now, I am free from T-Mobile updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

dont believe theyre going to be attempting to fix this one. most of what is being said was a possible push to 13 instead. a lot of the issues with 12 in OPs case was compatibility with their OS.

Para OnePlus 9 pro 5G LE2127 sacará al menos una beta de OxígenOS 13. Pq me parece que están atrasados con respecto a Android 13 

TMobile lo que.deberi hacer es acabar de revolucionar en OxígenOS 13 y android 13 para los OnePlus que está bien atrasado no an sacado ni una sola beta publica 

I lost my phone icon & have no idea how to get it back 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay, at this point, I thought, this new update from few days ago cannot be any more disappointing so…

I WIPED again before I did any update. If YouTube is causing any issue, I would wipe it. It sucks but at this point I’ve done 4-5 factory reset and feel like it’s the only way to really tell if it’s still broken or not.

48 hours later, it’s good so far. I use YouTube daily (I’m a YouTuber also like...so many lol). I did disable most Google products other than the Maps, Gmail, etc. I haven’t had any issues yet. Though one thing I haven’t loaded & configured is Tasker. It’s such a pain either way and just shocked IT TOOK THIS LONG for T-Mo to get this update to be I’ll just say somewhat stable as it’s obviously isn’t for everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

TMO has very little to do with updates..especially security patches..